Took the truck to the stealership

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
btw, i won't have that trouble with my superior built and great off road 4runner

Of course not. You would never admit it if you had a problem. From what I have heard...

Tom

tom,

ok you ready for my 9 month of driver complaints for the 4runner.

1. lack of door/arm rest switch lights. for a vehicle of this price there should be lights for all the switches not just the driver side.

2. the jbl sound system quality is awesome except for the fact that it is only a little of 300 watts. i need more volume as my ears don't function as well as when i younger.

i always said ford made a great stock radio. was very happy with the upgraded system in my trac.

3. there is a ghost in my moonroof. he on occasion will move a fraction of an inch when open and then go back right away. happens maybe 2x a month.

these are some seroius issue's :eek:

so what else have you heard? :unsure:

Caymen, first you quoted me and then you said:
Is that possibly because we are right and you are wrong? You know what they say, if you think EVERYONE on the road is driving bad, the truth is you are the one with the problem.

When I said that "...I've had my stomache full of trying to lead people to the light on this board", I wasn't talking anything at all about driving our about Sports Tracs.

What I was talking about was leading people to the "light", to the "goodness", to the "respect for others" that many maladjusted people seem to lose when they go on-line. What I was talking about was trying to lead people to tolerance, and away from the "hey, he said something that I can tackle him with, so I will POUNCE on him now!"

Yes, I too read Ben's original post and thought to myself that maybe the issues he is having with his ST are due to his actions. But note that KEY WORD there...MAYBE. Either way, I recognized Ben to be a guy that wants more from his ST. Whether he is justified or NOT is not for us to decide.

The BEST way to build an inferior product is to make excuses for it and to blame the user as the knee-jerk reaction to criticism.

Many of the posts above came off as "must be your problem, BUD!", type, and that's not helping anything. Did any of you internet tough guys think for a second to COOL YOUR JETS and to ask the customer exactly what the problems are, and exactly what his expectations were?

Glad to see later on in the thread some tried to help, and that Ben had the balls not to be run off by the posturers.

P.S. Read all the way through....

See you later, Ben...

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
so what else have you heard? :unsure:

So far, you admited to stuff you never claimed before. It is OK. We know Toyota's are not perfect like you think they are.

Tom

admitted?

was going to an annual review in jan '10 w/ estimated 18K, but since you claim i would not admitt, there are my thoughts.

what i do know what is OK, is that in never perfect world, toyota is maybe not perfect (near,yes), but BETTER. ;)

was going to an annual review in jan '10 w/ estimated 18K, but since you claim i would not admitt, there are my thoughts.

I am approacing my 3 year review. In the past 3 years, I replaced the following...

Brakes front and rear.

Upper and lower ball joints

Water pump, belts, hoses, thermostat.

Rear wiper motor

Rear wiper arm

Will be fixing the drivers outside door handle in the AM

Starting mileage, 132,000 miles

Current mileage, 182,400 miles

Total cost of repairs...approximatly $1,000. Investment in vehicle, $5,000.00 Total price paid for the vehicle and repairs? Approximatly $6,000.00.

Current NADA book value... Retail $4,500.00.

Total cost to own over the past 3 years? $1,500 or $500.00/year.

This is what it is about. Wouldn't even think twice on a road trip to California. The Explorer runs that good.

Tom

Caymen,

I'm assuming you fixed those Explorer issues yourself?

If so, how much would all of those repairs cost you if you had to take it to the "stealership" as this thread calls the dealer ?

I ask because that's were most folk get their vehicles taken care of, and represents a more realistic TCO for most folks, IMHO.

TJR

If so, how much would all of those repairs cost you if you had to take it to the "stealership" as this thread calls the dealer ?

I would say it would be safe to tripple the charge.

Come to kali caymen Will put you up, we could talk.

Is that some type of threat?

Tom

Caymen asks:
Is that some type of threat?

There he goes again. Making friends and influencing people.

Caymen, why not resolve to let one week go where you don't assume the worst in a single post you read on MYST?

Give it a try. You might be happier at the end of the week.

:banana:

TJR

Caymen, why not resolve to let one week go where you don't assume the worst in a single post you read on MYST?

Because Bill has made it known that he thinks I got him banned way back when and was going to get me back.

Tom

Caymen, how about dueling pistols at 25 yrds:p

If your ever in Kali, your wellcome to stay at my house, food and libations inc.

I do think you had something to do with my banishment, (long ago)

Is water under the bridge dude. let it go, maybe we can be friends.

Tom, as I age, I do not remember things, the past is no longer an issue, let us all move foreward, is a new day, let us all just try to get along.

Love ya guy, no joke. as much as i have pissed people off on this site, as you have,as others have, I think we all have some modicum of respect for each other.

Lets back up and start over.

Forget the 25 yrds, my BMG and your SKS at 500 yrds:cool:

Your friend, Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts