tonneau cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just installed a used cover on my truck not too long ago. I had to buy the strikers that bolt on to the bed. The two holes you need are the ones with the plugs. I used pliers and they came off very easily. They are already threaded and ready for the bolts. It was an easy install.

You can remove the plugs in the holes with a door panel remover (looks like a BBQ fork). Or, I just pried them up with needle nose pliers, then punched the remnants into the hole (which will fall onto the ground below).

Installing is a ten minute job if you have a second set of hands to lift and place the cover. 15 minutes if you work alone. And an hour or so if you decide to re-key the tumblers to your ignition key.

simple process, all done looks great now if i could find the bed extention cheap that would be great.. i think i stole the bed cover it was listed on craigslist for 200.00 i drove to connecticut to get 2 1/2 hours away took over 4 hours to get home dam storms this thing looks like brand new.

I bought one of the Ford OEM hard covers for $10 and a 3 hour drive to get it. The only thing wrong with was it came with no keys and the lock on the back was busted from the back half being dropped down on something in the bed. I thought it was worth it.

Latest posts