Tonneau Cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garner Wolf

Reaction score
I've a 2001 with original tonneau cover. What size is are the hex screws underneath for the various hinges? I've got some loose that a phillips head won't touch and I've gone through my allen wrenches and they don't fit either. Any ideas? I took it off to clean and now it's loose in sections and doesn't fit properly.

Please be more specific about what screws you are talking about and what you mean by "Various Hinges?" There is only one continuous hinge across the tonneau cover. At there end there are two leafs that are used as hold downs. The screws are not hex head, allen head or phillips head, they are Torx head screws and they vary depending upon which screws you are talking about

...Rich

See, I knew I didn't know what I'm referring to. I'm specifically taling about the two leafs at the end. They are 'Torx' head screws? Any idea what size, and where I can get an appropriate tool to tighten them.

If I recall correctly (and it has been several years) the screw are a Torx head size T-35.

That would be the screw that tightens the upper half and lower half of the hold down leaf.

One of the things I recommended with my LeverLift kits was to pin that sliding joint by tightening the screws and then pinning by drilling two holes and inserting two self-taping metal screws.

...Rich

Latest posts