Tonneau cover seal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denis Bourque

Reaction score
The seal in between both pieces of my cover (covers the hinge) has started leaking. Has anyone ever replaced/repaired theirs? I was thinking of taking it apart and replacing it with a piece of iner-tube if I can't find a replacement seal.

Denis

Prior to buy my 05 Adrenalin the seal was ripe off. The dealer fix it by gluing (strong epoxie) a piece of flexible tonneau cover. It's still on it and seal after an harsh winter! and look good too!

Last edited by a moderator:
The seal is not sold separately from the the hinge assembly, which goes for about $118. I don't think inner tube rubber will last very long due to UV breakdown, but it could be okay in the short term.

I think I've got a used seal somewhere, but can't place it right now.

If your interested, drop me a line and I'll look.

DenisB,

Before you take everything apart, how much leaking are we talking about?

I ask because many members here have reported a leak in the t-cover, even when brand new.

My '04 used to leak a tiny bit. I think it was coming in from the rivets that hold the hing to a cover section. I say that because I would see very small "dots" of water spots beneath the hing, one dot for each rivet.

I guess it could be condensation?

These are the reasons I am asking...

TJR

We're talking a fair amount of leaking. Got some rain/freezing rain the other day and I had what I would say amounted to a cup or two of water in the back. It used to stay dry before...so I'm guessing the seal is going.

At $40 it might not be worth looking at other options. Thanks for the part # I'll check it out.

BTW-Is that part # for the gen 1? Mine's an 04.

Thanks,

Denis

Latest posts