tonneau cover rack

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kil roy

Reaction score
does any one make a tonneau cover rack for a ARE cover

or has anyone altered some type of rack to fit?

since i have a sun roof i dont think i will ever use

the roof rack and was thinking about removing

mine but if some extra carrying capacity is needed

i thought a rack on the toneau might just fit the bill

what do you guys think?

Some members have attached the towers to the tie downs on the bed. You could also attached rain gutters to the top of the tonneau and attach towers to that. I think Heather has a rack over top the bed. Look at this thread, there are a couple of options.

Click My Wrench and there is a project that takes an older Gutter mount Thule rack and modify it to clamp onto the cleats.

Or you could use a thule rack for a Cap. should mount the same on the cover if its Fiberglass

I'd like to do something like that with my ARE cover too, my questions are how much weight can that cover take and then will I be able to open it all the way with stuff on it.

I took a fiberglass rooftop luggage carrier and mounted it on my OEM tonneau cover using the suction cups and strap hooks. It actually worked pretty good. I could still see traffic directly behind me by looking through the gap between the tonneau cover and the bottom of the fiberglass shell. It worked so well that it convinced me to hang on to my fiberglass luggage carrier in case I need it sometime in the future. I had though that I would never have a need for it again, but I was wrong.

...Rich

Latest posts