Tonneau cover hardware

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Geist

Reaction score
I just picked up a used OEM Tonneau cover (it came off a totaled ST). I think I'm missing the latching hardware. Can anyone help me figure out how to get this? The cover is in great shape and only paid $325. Right now...it's just locked in the middle but there's no where for the front and back to lock onto. Thanks.

You need the four corner strikers that bolt to the inside of the pickup bed. You have threaded holes in the top sides of the bed that are covered with a plastic cap. The caps can be pried out or cut off and you can install the strikers with 6mm X 25mm bolts.

...Rich

It's for a 2002. I thought it was the strikers. Do those parts have to be FORD or can they be from an auto shop? Anyone have any insight on a part number?

almost $25 each at the dealer. I don't have the part numbers anymore but they are basically 2 right and 2 left.

Thanks for the help, C. I called the local ford dealerships and they wanted $29/each for each striker. I did some quick searching on the internet and found a dealership in Texas that was selling for $18.56/each and no tax. The local fords would have to special order so it will probably take an extra day or two but hey...I'll be saving over $40. Their site is very well done so if anyone is in need of parts...have a look.

When I ordered mine from the dealer, they did not come with the screws. You can pick those up at the hardware store.

Hey, Josh. I just called their parts department and got the #'s. They don't show up in their online catalog...so you'll probably have to call and place your order that way.

There are two different part numbers (for the left side and right side...or front and back)

1L5299286B70AA

1L5299286B70BA