Todd, NY folks- how are you doing with Sandy?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting pretty bad here in southern CT at 13:00 hours. I'm leaving for my firehouse soon. Going to be staffing a truck. Bring it on Sandy!

Mike

I just got back from Jamaica earlier this month and there was a tropical storm/depression float way out in the Atlantic and kept changing directions that could not be predicted. I was concerned that it might ruin my trip, but my checks online assured me that "No Hurricane has ever hit Jamaica after September 15th.... Sure enough Sandy went right over Jamaica, South to North, then went on to hit Cuba and up the east coast of the US.

So just remember...When ever someone makes a prediction or claims that no Hurricane ever hit after a certain date...does not mean it won't happen. Predicting weather is still not an exact science.

....Rich

The wind is picking up in NYC, I'm in the LaGuardia airport area. I think its gusts are around 65 mph.

Over 47,000 people citywide without power so far.

We lost power at 6pm. Generator power since then. Wicked wind not much rain. My buddy and his wife went on their cruise. The cruise line said no refunds, so they went and made it through the storm and are headed further south.

670,000 customers are without power in New York City and Westchester.

NASSAU 420,411

SUFFOLK 449,343

Im in New Hampshire, No power for 14 hours now, 60 mph winds at the worst point. But family is safe, thats what matters. good luck to everyone affected.

Latest posts