Today's Point to Ponder

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Crockett

Reaction score
Today's Point to Ponder: It's true that Tomatoes are a fruit, not a vegetable. Does that make Ketchup the worlds first Fruit Smoothie? And would adding ice to it make it taste any better? :grin:

Yes, tomato is technically fruit because it has its seeds on the insides. So are other things commonly considered veggies, things like beans, squash, pumpkin, heck even a cucumbers.

Bananas are a fruit too, though most we eat are sterile hybrids with the seeds rendered to tiny, hard to see specs.

I find the classification of fruits and vegetables interesting.

A tomato smoothie would be delicious...again, with vodka.

TJR

Speaking of tomato smoothies, I was flying back from Las Vegas last week and ordered a tomato juice. The stewardess asked if I wanted regular tomato juice or the spicy tomato juice?? So I ordered the spicy. It turnes out that it is actually a Bloody Mary mix, and it really tasted great !! I got home and looked it up on the web and found that US Airways uses a brand called Mr. & Mrs T's Bloody Mary mix, and it comes in several flavors like regular, bold & spicy (which is what I got) and a pepper & Spicy mix.

It is delicious over ice, and even better with a shot of Vodka mixed in.

So in my opinion a tomato is not a fruit or a vegatable, but it makes a great drink..:haveabeer:

...Rich

OK, yes, tomatoes are a fruit. But, "the seeds are on the inside", ya know, this would make a whole lot of veggies a "fruit". Now, here's the stumper: what about strawberries? The seeds are on the outside, so what is it? Fruit or vegetable or something else? Bob :banghead:

If tomatoes are fruits, well--that explains a LOT about the relationship Bob the Tomato has with Larry...

[Broken External Image]:

Yes, tomato is technically fruit because it has its seeds on the insides. So are other things commonly considered veggies, things like beans, squash, pumpkin, heck even a cucumbers.

OK, yes, tomatoes are a fruit. But, "the seeds are on the inside", ya know, this would make a whole lot of veggies a "fruit". Now, here's the stumper: what about strawberries?

A fruit is the ovary of a seed bearing plant, a veggie is part of the plant.

Fruit:

Cucumber

Zuchini

Tomato

Peppers

Veggie:

Potato

Celery

Rhubarb

Raddish

Got it?

Tom

Here you go Bob,,, Strawberry: This fruit, which is not actually a berry, is but an aggregate accessory fruit.......:banana: