To Those Who Fought For It, Freedom Is The taste The Protected Will Never Know...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx, but do not understand what your trying to say.

Freedom is the taste, the protected Know.

Our military protects our country and people so they have freedom

As a military person I will have to say that most Americans in general are very selfish and inconsiderate......you realize that when you are in another country and see how people there are.

"We protect you and you treat us like this" - the american soldier

As 2yr vietnam vet with no recognition, I say Amen. Right or wrong I volunteered to join the Army and extended my 'Nam tour 1yr myself. I did this because I believe in my country. I didnt care if the president is republican or democrat. I proudly served and that is my pat on the back.;)

Noc, get over it, the nations involved in a very unpopular military conflict(s)

people in uniform are not what the public wants to see.

was in nam 66/67, when I came home and walked thru SFO airport, i was spit on and yelled at, ridiculed.

Got home, thru my unform and everything I had military in the trash bin.

I will never look back to a war we lost, am not proud to have served my country.

was a job thats all.

Hey Barber,

You are showing a little "tough love" to folks. I think it takes guts. I also freaking TOTALLY agree with you. There are a whole lot of people who are gung-ho who never served. There was a perfect opportunity for out Govt. to really get Americans involved and patriotic after 9/11 and they dropped the ball BIG TIME. They went to war with the wrong country (for personal profit) and again, will not do what it takes to win. Deja Vu all over again, and the people who support the Neo Con scum bags make me sick. I consider myself a STRONGER American by showing my disdain and disapproval.

Dont hide behind the flag, unless you are willing to fight for ALL Americans.

Good post Barber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Americans should be ashamed of the way the Vietnam Vets were treated. They need a good kick in the butt and slap in the face to say the least. I am proud of each and every vet no matter what war and I Thank God for each one.

Everyone that felt that way should catch the History Channel on the Vietnam war. They would see just how bad it was on our military. It was a war we could not win and the news media at the time did a great job of turning the people against it.

nam was a war that could have have been won with one nuke.

just like we won WW11, same go'es for The korean war in 52 ( another lost war)

same go's for Iraq, If your going to war with a nation, go to war to win

55 K men died in Nam for NOTHING, absolutly NOTHING

Bill, I still believe we have mia's inprisioned. Some shiped to russia. Many may be dead by now. The veitcong did the same to the french. Then bartered for the realease of some for millions of $$$.

I was alive for Nam, but too young to comprehend it at the time.

That sad, I served fro 23 years. Those 23 years were the absolute best times of my life as well as the very worst times of my life.

As far as the latter part of the initial subject line,
The Protected Will Never Know...

For the most part, I have to agree. Until the average American goes to another country and truly sees how people are treated, they are not capable to comprehend the freedom they have here.

I will be the first to admit that America is not perfect, however, it is better than any other country I have been to. And i have been to 42 locations outside of the USA.

Also, the Veterans from the Nam era were and still are treated wrong and poorly. Sure, like any job, deployment, organization etc etc there are some bad apples. But to treat all the Vets bad because of these apples is simply wrong. Most were there under orders.

I am fine with people that cannot and do not support the issue and or cause. They have that right. However, it is not the soldier that made the call, they deserve to be treated with respect.

I know that some of our Vietnam vets were treated poorly by some members of the American public but I think those were exceptions.

I seved 20 years in the military and served in Vietnam and never once expected a pat on the back for doing a job I volunteer for and was paid to do.

I think too much of the mimlitary praise is just political posturing and is motivated by guilt. While it is noble to die in battle, it's sinful to use our military as fodder for a political war which is what Vietnam was and what Iraq is becoming.

...Rich

I have nothing but respect and admiration for most military folks that have served and protected us all. I say most because I recognize that of the 100s of thousands that have served the past few decades there are those that do so that aren't fit to wear the uniform. I have met a couple. They have been disgraceful Americans. But most I have met, I have been proud to admire.

I don’t find much to admire when those that choose to protect us encounter a few folks that are critical of them, or don’t show the admiration they think they deserve and then portray ALL, or MOST Americans like that. I find that very objectionable.

I do get a little irked by the whole divisiveness of the tone that started this thread. All of the armed services need to instill some message that their people are elite (the few, the proud, etc). Such sentiment is actually "drilled" into young men and women at a fairly early age. I can’t blame the soldiers when that attitude spills over into the “real word” and they wonder why they don’t get held up as heroes, and shown more respect by all civilians they encounter.

But let us not forget, we have a volunteer military. There are proud men and women in all walks of life in this country, and many put themselves in harms way every day. We all do so willingly. If we are all doing it for the “atta-boys” then we will all be disappointed.

I applaud our service men and women who put themselves in harms way and especially those that give the ultimate sacrifice. I more so applaud them for choosing that life. I also applaud the guy or gal that busted his hump, went to college, makes 6 figures, and pays his taxes (willingly)...he is an unsung patriot too, IMHO.

TJR

Lest we forget, we owe our freedom to France. They helped us battle the British during our war for independence. They gave the Statue of Liberty to us on our 100th birthday.

...Freedom is The taste The Protected Will Never Know...

I don't get it--why won't the protected ever taste freedom? I get that we may never taste the cost of freedom, but I don't understand how it can be said that we don't taste the freedom itself. Anyone able to explain?

Ok Bill, perhaps it should have been stated as:

To Those Who Fought For It, Freedom HAS a Taste the Protected Will Never Know.......

...........................BECAUSE they fought for it!

Bob

I see nothing in this thread putting down people who do not serve.

If Iran Irag, afghanistan escalate, and I had children that could be drafted as i was.

My advice would be move to canada, Why fight and possibly lose your young life in another war that is not a war to protect your country, but to try and stabilize countrys that are still in the stone age (and always will be).

These countrys have been at war for thousands of years and always will be.

And never forget the reason going on 5K G.Is have died in Iraq.

Because OF THE WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRUCTION, that never exsisted.

More G.Is will die, I ask you for what?