TNT HD

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis Farris

Reaction score
I have direct tv, and I am very upset with this crap. TNT HD comes in crappy everytime I want to watch it for something. As you know Nascar has went to TNT NBC for the last half of the year. I am watching it as we speak and its filled with freezes, and blotches, and I cant hear whats going on because it keeps cutting in and out. Is anyone else having this problem? I called Direct TV and they were no help at all besides wanting to charge me to have someone come work on my stuff. No other channels do this. Do you have any ideas why its only TNT?

Does anyone in here have dish network HD? How do you like it?

I don't have dish, but I am wondering, do other HD channels look good on your box/dish? If they are ALL doing that, then it's probably a ground short in your coax somewhere in your house or some other similar connection or equipment problem. If it's only TNT HD then contact your provider and complain.

TJR

I never get TNT in good quality on my cable. Every other channel comes in fine, but TNT always has these crawling horizontal lines...good thing I don't watch racing, but it does interfere with my Law and Order in the afternoons.

I have TNT HD via Comcast-- looks fine for sporting events-- the regular shows they do "stretch" def-- and stretch the picture to widescreen

Several questions about HDTV have popped up the last few days, and when I saw this I thought I would share it...

It's an article on diagnosing HD issues;

Sounds like the best advice in the PM article is the last one.... wait for improvements to HD sets before buying.

Think I'll stick with my Directv Tivo units and SD set for another year or so.

Darin, Waiting for HD sets that improve (upconvert and fixup) SD signals will only go so far.

The real thing to wait for is the FCC deadline when all networks must stop broadcasting analog signals, and that is Feb 2009.

There was a deadline for March 2006 for all TVs over a certain size to require digital support, but I am not sure if there has been compliance or not.

See more on that here:

http://www.betanews.com/article/FCC_Moves_Up_Digital_TV_Deadline/1118331022

Until then, expect the networks to drag their feet with SD.

More on DTV at the fcc.gov site:

Latest posts