Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Hodgson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been having some noise coming from my front end that sounds kinda like thumping... most noticeable at low speeds. Anyways, I brought my truck into Midas to take a look at and have my emissions done. The guy tells me it's all four tires, they've got divets/bumps and such in them; I also would need alignment. I don't disagree, as I believe existing tires are the factory stock, but with some good thread, and I'm at 71K miles in my 2005 ST.

So he quoted me for the following:

Four (4) Nexon Rodian SUV tires: P255/70R16-11943 (looks like $138.99/tire) and alignment for a total of $735 (including taxes).

I know I could do better... I live in shoreline of CT above New Haven. Are these tires that good, or should I go with another set? If so, what types of tires and where might I beable to get this done? Thanks for your help.

That's what I was thinking and was wondering what are good tires for all year round New England weather? Not looking to do anything fancy as I use my truck for work and travel alot, but also want "el-cheapo's" either.

Michelin X Radial at Costco, Sam's Club or other warehouse stores. I paid $440 for four a couple of years ago. Great in the rain and snow and even better on dry roads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks MikeC... I wasn't sure if something mechanically or just from sitting in puddles of water for extended amounts of time or so... The shocks have been my suspition all along.

Latest posts