tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Stevens

Reaction score
i saw a set of tires at wal-mart the other day and i was interested in them... but, i can hardly find much information on them anywere. they are goodyear wrangler authority a/t they seem like a sturdy tire and they have a pretty agressive tread with an E rated load range... IMO that normally means descent life on the tires but it will ride like a lumber wagon. any more info on these tires or personal opinions would be appreciated.

Looks alot like the Goodyear Duratrac. As long as you're ok with the above average road noise and possible below average ride quality it looks like a good tire for offroading that can last you a while on the highway as well. Heres the Tirerack link for the Duratrac below if you haven't seen it.

The Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires at Wally World have 2-ply tread and 2-ply sidewalls making them weaker overall than a comparable Goodyear Wrangler MT/R.

Those look good too, however the Authority is a tire that Goodyear makes just for Walmart, and that makes me nervous. Walmart has one goal in mind, and that's low prices, which means that a special product just for WM is likely to be in some way inferior to Goodyear's standard tire lines.

I have the Goodyear DuraTrac's on my lifted '03 ST and love them. I've had BFG T/A K/O's and they wear out too fast and uneven, they also get harder as the rubber compuond gets older.

Some people have run these withlittle problem but I've found from extensive studying and research in my tire search the DuraTrac's or the general Grabber AT2's are far better design ad durability. For the most part cheaper too.

I used to sell tires at walmart. i didnt sell many of them but one set did go on a silverado and the guy said they didnt make much road noise and were not too rough ride. the only draw back is that they have no mileage warranty so if you get 10,000 miles out of them that is what it is.

Latest posts