tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob mcarthur

Reaction score
good morning,

i'm thinking of putting 20 inch tires on my trac 18in on there now will there be any problems.

dealer said might need an adjustment w/ trans. did not understand that one . but he said he will find out for me. any help i would appreciate it

thanks.

If that's the best answer your dealer could come up with, I'd go talk to somebody else. Jerry's recommendations are good.

Hi Bob, When I did this 2 years ago, I went with an 8.5"x20" wheel (Boss 327) and a 275/45-20 Toyo tire. This was as close to the stock diameter as I could get. At 60mph, my speedo is only less than 1/2 of a mile low (59.7 mph or so). There are no fitment issues, no rubbing or touching and they look great(similar to the Adrenalin wheels) and the tire edge is even with the fender lip on the outside. Now, if you really want to go up (which I plan to do) I'm gonna get a set of 22"x9.5" wheels and 285/35-22 tires. Again real close to stock diameter and with proper offset will really fill up the fenderwell. Rims-n-tires calculator will really help with selection, so check it out. Bob C.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your input great advice thank you. oh and bob c. i already stole an idea from you

you had mentioned about ordering smoked headlight lenses well i did from company you had mentioned and have too say look great .

thanks again for all your help

bob

Latest posts