Tires still in the news 14 years later

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always take the serial #s and register them with the manufactor. It might help or it might not. I dont buycheap tires or tires that are no name. Sold at fly by night shops.

I see cars with tire brands I have never heard of in the houston area. No telling where they are made. Talking with some of the owners. They paid about 60% of a name brand. Cheap tires........

Most people are not even aware of Tire Recalls. The Firestone/Explorer issue back in 2000 made the news because there were so many accidents and deaths regarding those Wilderness AT tires.

I personally have never heard of any tire recalls with the exception of the Firestone tires back in 2000. Had I not owned a 2001 Sport Trac with those Firestone Wilderness AT tires, I probably would not have paid that much attention to any news about the Firestone tire problem. Even then, Firestone refused to recall the tires, claiming they met Ford's specifications...It was Ford who notified the customers who purchased vehicles with the Firestone tires that Ford would replace the tires or reimburse owers who already replaced them. I got a letter from Ford with instructions on how to either get reimbursed for the replacement tires. I replaced my tires within 2 weeks after I purchased my new 2001 Sport Trac.

I guess Eddie's advice is best...If you register your tires with the manufacturer, they may notify you if there is a recall...otherwise you probably will never know?

...Rich

Latest posts