tires for 03 sport trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
looking to put new tires on my daughters 03 sport trac before she leaves for college.

looking for a tire that handles good on the highway,and in bad weather. any suggestions

would be greatly appreciated.

I have Michilin LTX M/S on mine and really like them. This is my 2nd set of these tires on the ST... 1st set had ~100,000 miles on them before they needed replacing.

General Grabber HTS is the Top rated tire on The Tire Rack.

The Grabber HTS is General Tires Highway All-Season light truck tire developed for the drivers of crossover and sport utility vehicles, as well as pickup trucks and full-size vans. The Grabber HTS was designed to combine style, comfort, durability and performance in a tire that offers pleasant road manners and a long life, as well as year-round traction, including in light snow.

The Grabber HTS features General Tires Eco-Ride tread compound to improve fuel economy molded into a specially engineered symmetric tread design featuring an enlarged contact patch and General Tires Stabilink system of connecting bars that increase circumferential stability to enhance braking, acceleration and cornering. Response Grooves provide directional guidance for improved steering and Hydro Channels eject water from between the tread and road to increase hydroplaning resistance while three types of sipes promote traction in dry, wet and wintry weather. The tires internal structure includes twin, ultra-high tensile steel belts to provide brute strength while an internal cushioning system isolates the vehicle from road vibrations for a smoother ride.

My original Michelin's didn't even last 40,000 miles and were the worst handling tires I have ever experienced. I love my replacements though. The Bridgestone Dueler Alenza's have close to 30,000 miles on them and still look brand new.

Michilin LTX M/S. Best tires I've ever owned since 1976. My God. They stick to the road when it's wet and I can crawl through 12 inch snow. And they're very quiet; very little road noise.

Sam's Club sells them as "X Radial LT." I paid $400 for a set.

Latest posts