Tired of not being able to signal left?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Gross

Reaction score
So after driving my ST for about nine months I was getting tired of the turn signal lever hitting my left knee not allowing me to engage the turn signal. Now I could move my leg and everything was dandy, but after riding in an F-250 I noticed that instead of the lever curving down like in our ST's it curved up. So after a recent trip to a junk yard I pulled the lever assembly out of an F-150 and installed it in the ST and volia it doesn't hit my knee anymore. I ran in to a small problem with the wipers not opperating but after swaping some internals from the one that cam eout of my ST I was in business.

I suppose I could if there is reasonable interest. I didnt take pictures while I was doing it but i could use the old lever and take some.

yes please do a project or at least tell me all the components I'd need to get. being 6'6" i thought that i would just have to deal with cars not fitting me, so this would make things a lot better.

Yeah its an 02 I keep forgetting that these categories apply to both generations.

Maybe we can start a second list of gen 2 categories?.?

It wasnt hard at all the lever its self is only held in by two torx screws and then there are two plugs on the back of it, it comes out as an entire unit. The hardest part is getting to it. since you have to take off the shroud around the steering column, which to get the top part off requires you to pull the dash apart.... Ok so there are a few steps here. I'll write up a project.

The main thing is getting the new lever which like I said came out of a newer 97ish F-150 but one from a super-duty or probably an expedition will work too. It cost me 5 bucks at the u-pull it. one great thing about the u-pull it is that you get an idea of how things are going to come apart and you can break something and not worry about it, unless of course its what you were looking for.

Hopefully I'll have a project up by sometime on sunday.

Ian

Latest posts