tire sizing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I have a quick question I am looking at replacement tires I have a 2009 st limited with 18" rims and 235-65r18 cross terrains on it right now, I am looking at replacing them but I am not happy with the Cross terrains, I am looking at Michelin LTX M/S but the problem is The closest size I can get then in is 245-60/r18. The tire shop says that they will fit and will not cause a problem with rubbing.

I trust the opinions on this site more then a tire shop......

Also if anyone has any better suggestions for tires let me know I have to stick with Michelin's they are paying half...

I will someday have this same issue to deal with. Hopefully the '10 Cross Terrains will wear as quickly as the ones on my '07 trac, although they appear to be a better rubber formulation.

Seems i saw a post here that someone used 265-60/R18s with no problem, and even posted some pics. You might search the forums within the last year.

I figure my biggest hurdle will be to find a shop wanting to cooperate with me. Most of them around here only want to stick by the manual and use approved replacement sizes.

Hey Ryan, there are many good tire manufacturers out there. It often comes down cost and appearance. I've heard good and bad about most of them. My advice would be to do some internet reviews and get an idea as to what you want. Then hit a few tire stores to look at them. Ideally, I'd want to stick to the stock rolling diameter so it doesn't throw off your speedo and stuff. I use Toyo tires for the summer and bridgestone blizzaks in the winter. My summer set is 20" wheels/tires and the winter is stock 235/65-18 size. Its really up to you as far as the brand goes. I've used Michelins on my F-350 and they wear like iron. BFGoodrich M/T on my F-250 and Dunlops on my Jeep Cherokee and Toyo's on my wife's '06 Mustang GT. All with great results. Personally, I don't like Goodyear and Firestone. So good luck and happy hunting. Bob

Hey Ryan, I have the 265/60-18 on my '10 Limited. They are Michelin Latitude Tour, they are about a 1/2'' taller and around 1'' wider. I have no problems with clearance and they do a great job. The biggest thing I would worry about, other than rubbing, would be my speedometer changing, but according to my gps, these 265's are closer to real speed with my speedo than the stock 235's. Good luck.

265/60R18 BFGoodrich Long Trails on my 08 with no issues. Love the tires but have Michelins on wifes Aviator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts