Tire Size?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Davis

Reaction score
I know some of you guys are very tire/wheel knowledgeable. I have 17x7 steel factory rims on my 2005 xlt. They came off a Chrysler 300. The current tire size is 215x65x17. I want a larger/taller tire, something to help fill up the wheel well. What size tires do you think I can put on these rims and not have any rubbing or other tire issues? I would like to get a little more height to make the tires look larger inside the wheel well.

Thanks

/

What size tire can I put on these rims that will give me the equivalent profile of the original Sport Trac factory 16x7 rims and tires?

/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Larry that was a great help. It looks like 255x65x17 will give me the exact profile of my original factory 255x70x16 wheels.

/

I know this is a debatable topic, but those Chrysler wheels aren't truly the correct bolt pattern. Our trucks use a 5x114.3mm wheel, but Chrysler uses a 5x115mm. It's a very small difference, but you could potentially be asking for trouble... I thought about using some wheels off a Charger on my truck, but decided I wasn't willing to risk it.

Latest posts