Tire size change

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Smith

Reaction score
Hello, just put 275/55/20 tires on the Adrenalin and so far so good ! no rubbing. What i would like to know is if I have to recalibrate with a SCT X3 3000 or other to adjust for larger tire ? I realize that the speedo will be off just want to know if it will damage anything if I don't do it for the time being.

Thanks

For 4WD or AWD no problem providing ALLtires are the same diameter. Here's another calculator to compare speeds for different tire sizes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put P275/55 20's on mine too. The Goodyear Eagle GT's grip great, however I think they are little too wide. The wheel well gap is a lot less though...

UltraGauge may be worth looking into. GL

Speed calibration for wheel, tire, and/or differential changes

You can run it with the tire size off. No noticeable difference in the past 20k of mine being 8% off.

Dealer can change it. Or you can with a tuner.

Ultragauge will not correct your speedometer. You can correct the speed on the Ultragauge so it reads accurate but it will not change the vehicle programming. Only a tuner or dealer tuning can program the vehicle.

Thanks for clarifying Brett. Another option is the TruSpeed calibrator, but that's $150 you could apply to a new XCal4 that does SO much more.

Do some research. SCT products appear to be the preferred choice on Ford forums, and Torrie the MyST dealer of choice.

Hello,

So are the fender wells bigger on the Adrenalin as opposed to the wells on regular ST's?

Because i was told to run around 255/65/R16's on mine and that is stock without a lift.

Thanks

I have been running BFG 265/65/18 All-Terrains on the factory wheels on my 2007 Limited since the day I drove it off the dealer's lot. They are over an inch larger in diameter than the stock Michelins. The truck has over 93k miles and I am on my second set of BFGs. I used an Xcal to recalibrate the speedo along with adding a performance tune from Torrie. No worries.

Latest posts