Tire Sensor Fault

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Byrne

Reaction score
i keep getting a tire sensor faul on my dash. i check the tires each time and they are fine. is there any way to disable the tire sensors. it's not a big deal its just annoying to see it say that on the dash and it is such a stupid thing to pay to get fixed. thanks

:angry:

I don't believe there is any way to disable the tire presure sensor warning.

I have a set of winter tires on rims that don't have the sensors and I have gotten used to just waiting for the 30 first miles to go by and then turning off the warning - knowing it will be back again in another 30 miles!

Thankfully most of my trips are shorter than that!

Greg :driving:

Take the truck to a reliable tire store and ask if he can "reset" the sensors. It may solve the problem. If not, you might have to dismount the tire and replace the sensor. There is no real way to disable the warning. Its doing exactly what it is supposed to. Bob

I have the same problem on my 07. It acted up when I had myy tires changed. I beleive the mechanic damaged the sensor when he mounted the new tires on the rim as a couple of months later it fell off inside the tire. I had a local guy remove the tire and the sensor. Now I just have to deal with the warning when the car is turned on and the symbol on the dash. Another "improvement" I still check my tires with a hand held guage. I would love to diable the sensor.

here is a PDF, showing how to dismount and mount tires on a ford, with sesors.

I would print it and put it in your manual.

TPMS - good idea if working properly -- terrible if faulty

My TPMS started acting up shortly after warranty expired.

Comes up with Tire monitor fault and Tire sensor fault usually minutes apart, sometimes after 30 kilometers some times after 300 kms. Sometime it will shut off alarms while driving (vehicle not shut off) but they will always clear when vehicle is shutoff

I have been to 3 local dealers within 75 Kms and their only solution is to play with reset tool (has done nothing to cure problem) but they are willing to expirement at shop rate (Can $110.00 per hour) with no results garanteed.

No dealer in this area will admit to having a TPMS scan tool.

TPMS faults are annoying but will have to lived with I guess.

I hope if someone comes up with a reasonable cure they let the rest of us know.

Had the same thing in my 07 but it said "Faulty Tire Sensor" Only did it on long trips. Took it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. Fixed it self.