Tire Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
I have to get a new set of tires and it is a pain in the ass getting the stock 255/50R20's in the Pirelli Scorpion STR's (Been on back order for almost a year!) -- Anyways I was given an option of 265/50R20's and I wanted to know how these would look being a wider tire or if there are any issues in doing this?

Thanks!

They will be 10mm wider, and 10mm taller (less than 1/2 an inch). Wouldn't think that would be a problem.

Ya know, I've been using the TOYO Proxes STII for 4 years now. They're a lot less than the Pirelli's, plus they are great in the wet weather. I just got new tires this spring. I will swear by these as being the best all around tire for my truck. The stock Michelins only lasted about 15K miles. I put over 60K with the TOYO's and there was still good tread left(~20%). Not sure how wide your rims are, but I ran a 275/45-20 on an 8.5" rim. This is as close to stock diameter you can get and its about 1" wider. I now run a 285/35-22 on a 9.5" rim. Again as close to stock diameter as you can get! Good luck, hope you take the advice. Bob

Amazing the different luck people have. I put a set of TOYO tires on my car and they were JUNK from day one. Never would stay balanced and wore fast and uneven. I put a set of Michelin on my car and it handles and rides like new. I have a set of Michelin tires on my truck and like them. Good performance and at least 60K miles. Now I mostly stay with Michelin tires on my truck, car, and bike. Yes, they can be expensive but if you shop you can find some discounts and for me the overall performance has been worth it.

I just wish they were still made in the USA. Now it seams the one I buy come from France. Not the US but at least its not China.

I just wish they were still made in the USA. Now it seams the one I buy come from France

Mike,

France is where michelin originated. I didnt know they shut down there US plants.

I love hankook I have hankook ventus on my car and hankook dynopro atm on my st and I swear by them being the best tires I have ever bought and they look good and wear great,!

Latest posts