tire pressure

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Powell

Reaction score
So what is the correct tire pressure for Michelin cross terrains? 30 front 35 rear like the gas cap says for the oem that came with it?

If you have 235/70-16's, I'd run 35 all around. It will sharpen up the handling and the fronts won't wear on the edges as much. If you have the larger 255/70-16's, I'd run 35f and 30-32r.

FWIW I have 265/75-16's on the stock rims and I run 32 all around, so far they're wearing pretty even.

I am running the stock size michelins CTs,I drive some long distances & around town have found the 36psi cold works really well, as my tire shop sugested, may drop when of road to 30 psi

Always maintain the minimum pressure, and never exceed the Tire Manufacturers

recommended inflation pressure.

On all of the trucks I have owned, 3/4 ton and under, I have averaged 32-34

psi front, and 32-38 psi rear, depending on any load in the bed, or towing

a trailer, etc...., (for rear pressure).

Always check tire pressure cold, very best time is when the truck/trac has sat

overnight, or at least make sure your tires and wheels are cool to the touch.

Another helpful hint:

Add or subtract one pound of air pressure, on average, for every 10 degree

rise or drop in air temperature.

In other words, if you have checked your tires with an outside temp of 90

degrees, 35 psi, and the next time you check them, the outside temp is 40

degrees, your pressure will probably read 30 psi, provided there are no other

factors such as a leaking wheel or tire.

Hope this helps!:D

My drivers door says fronts 30 and rear 35. Is this ford recommended? Thats what I usually have mine at.

30f/35r is what Ford recommends, but it will handle better and you'll get better tire wear if you put 35 in the fronts too. Mfg. recommended pressures are usually set to maximize ride comfort.

I've been running 275/60-17's for the past 4 years. My tire guy (who has never led me wrong in 20 years of business) recommended 35 lbs. on all 4 tires. I now have 70,000 miles on my Michelin CT's. Fixng to buy my second set in a few weeks.

Latest posts