Tire Pressure Monitoring Bands

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les

Reaction score
For those that have changed their wheels on the second generation ST with the TPMS, did you use the old bands or purchase new ones? If you did purchase new ones, where did you get them from?

Thanks

I used the old bands on three of the four. had to use a new band, because the tire shop snapped the original band. if using care the originally bands can be reused with no issue.

They got the new band from the local ford dealer, think it was under $30.00 for the band.

the tire shop I used for my aftermarket 17's replaced all four of mine, they said new bands that fit oem 18's will size down to 16" wheels. If I remember correctly, they said they couldn't use the oem bands...can't remember why, though...

Hey Guys,

I ordered 4 new bands and sensors when I bought my 20" rims. This way I just have to put on the old 18" for the winter. It was over $200 for everything, but worth it when I have to swap out the wheels. ;)

when you get new bands, they can be cut to size.

if you had 18's they can be cut to fit 17,s

Not necessarily true. The original bands have only a small portion threaded. I don't believe you can go down an inch and still tighten the band. There are universal bands available for much less money than Ford original.

It looks like a long hose clamp

Certainly does.

I asked because a local tire store repaired a flat on my ST and they broke the band. Because of that, the TPS unit fell free within the tire and broke that too.

They couldn't replace it so I took it to Ford and had it fixed.

The tire store reimbursed me for the total cost except my time driving all over to get it taken care of. What a PITA!

Latest posts