tire chains

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray McIntireJr

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone with a 4x2 uses tire chains in the winter and what brand you do use and where you got'em. Thanks, Ray

I have a 4X4 so I don't use the chains, but I think the cables would be better for our trucks as I think there may be a clearance issue on the inner fenders on the back. Just my .02. I am sure that others will chime in.

Yeti snow nets are the way to go. Made of all synthetic material, won't damage your wheels or tires, can be put on without moving the vehicle and when you hit "dry" road they are pretty quiet. They are the cats ass!!! Bob

We had a major blizzard here in OK. My Sporttrac wouldn't leave the driveway.

A buddy at work gave me some chains off his old F-150 that fit my 255/70 R 16's perfectly.

I was all excited to get them on. We got 5 more inches that night. Put the chains on and made it to work no Problems! Should have bought them years ago.

They are great on several inches of snow or ice. The next day I kept them on to get out of the neighborhood, but stopped and took them off when I hit the Plowed main roads. Very easy to get on and off.

He bought them here http://www.tirechain.com/square_alloy_cross_chain.htm

Those are the chains we use on the NYC Dept of Sanitation garbage trucks while plowing snow.

They are strong, we put them through hell this year.