Time For Struts/Shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64847

Reaction score
I've got 66K on my '08 Limited V8. I had some cupping on the inner front tires and was told I need new struts. Do they go this soon? What's a good replacement and what should I be looking to pay to have them done. Thanks, Tim

Cupping is not neccessarily a shock problem, I would check the alignment as well.

As for shocks, depends on your driving habits. Some like the ride stiff, some like the ride soft.

I went with Monroe Sensa-Trac when Sears had a free install promotion.

'07 is the gen2. Uses struts. Not much out there yet. there is some. probably stuck with what ever you find.

I have a set of Front Struts and Rear Shocks from a 2010 Sport Trac Limited with Adrenalin pkg with 300 miles sitting on the shelf in my garage from my Supercharged conversion -

very new in my opinion should you look for proper OEM Valving for your Sport Trac -

I ordered Monroe Reflex struts earlier this year and have them in my shop because Todd said "at 50k miles you don't need shocks" Well at 62k, they need to go in. Got them online from the suspension warehouse? superstore? in Cali somewhere. I'll post back with the product #'s. Bob

PS: fronts are #71124 and the rears are #71125. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the offer on the OEMs but if they went so soon, at least in my opinion I doubt I'd throw another set on. Alignment is good, I get it checked every 3rd oil change. Appreciate the #'s Bob I got the same ones from the Monroe site. Will get 'em put in at Sears. Hopin' they have a sale soon. Thanks all. Tim

Latest posts