Throttle Body spacers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 2

Reaction score
:unsure:What opinions are out there regarding throttle body spacers? Yea or Nay, and will they work with the Zabteck TB and True Cold air intake? Are they really worth the 100 or so I would have to fork out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto, dont waste your money. They only show Dyno improovements on carburated motors. None on port fuel injected motors.

They're not worth it on a Sport Trac. Just get the Zabteck TB, True CAI, and then and XCal 3 w/custom tunes from Torrie.

Thanks everyone, was just curious. Got a friend with one, but he has an older car with all the little goodies. Will be installing the Zabteck Cold Air either tmw or Monday!:banana::cool:

Just be patient and take your time with the install. Especially when drilling the hole in the fender.;)

Yea, I found the 3 3/4" bit at my local plumbing store, including arbor. I have figured a way to actually laser in the center of the hole by taping a laser level (small one) to the top of the intake at the throttle body, and measuring down. Worked when I tried it on a wall set up, so should when I go to the engine. I should have either all day Monday (my day off), or most of the day tmw. Gonna be fun!

You will notice good throttle response with Todds cia. Cool air from the fender. I had a noticable difference with the MAC kit on the stang in my library. I originaly had the K&N kit. It had the conical filter in the hot engine bay. I now have that kit on the trac. Been experimenting with ways to pic up out side air only.

I have the Zabteck True CAI. I've been watching the intake temp over the last few days on my ScanGauge II and comparing it to the temp reading on the ST's thermometer. The intake air has been either right at or at most ~10 degrees warmer than the outside air at highway speeds.

It runs a little bit higher in city driving, but not much.

That right there tells me that it's working better than an underhood CAI.:cool:

Latest posts