Those of you with Hood Accent Stripes...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
First, a thanks to captkirk for getting the Hood Stipes to me in no time.:cool:

Now for my question, to those of you that have put these on, how exactly did you do it? I've put vinyl on before, but not sure if that way will work here of not. Did you wet the area and mount them? If so, what did you use the wet the area? I just want to make sure I do it right. Thanks for any input you have.;)

Yep, I also cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol first and let it dry. Then took a spray bottle with a few drops of soap in it to spray on the hood and the stripes, then carefully set them in place, and squegee the bubbles out.

Once you have these on, I would try to keep the car wash nozzle away from it.. :)

Thanks all. That may be the way I go since it's a pretty thin yet long vinyl. May give me some room to be able to move it and get it just right. ;)

Kevin, one sent back at ya.:D

I was in my garage and had the hood up to look better with the light with the strips taped on. All the sudden the hood started to slowly drop........ I was on the driver side and TRIED to stop it. When your fingers are under the hood and you hear a click is when you realize something has gone wrong! I called out for my wife in the house and good thing she was there and heard me. She was freeking out more than me when she came in the garage. I had to calmly tell her to open the door and look under the dash and pull the release. Nothing was broken but badly brused. The bad thing is........ I just opend a beer that was under the hood......... I had plenty but I hate to waste a good beer.