This is just wrong

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Hinebaugh

Reaction score
So I'm watching the hockey game tonight, live from Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan, in the good ol' U. S. of A., and I notice that one of the sponsers on the boards is Honda. Am I the only one that seems wrong to? Certainly the powers that be with the Red Wings could find someone else to sell that space to. If out of principle if nothing else.

Remember, if they can pay enough, anyone can advertise. Remember, Honda is the official vehicle of the NHL, which simply means they are paying a ton to the NHL to say that. I wouldn't say its wrong, after all, if Canada's game can be played (so far) in the dessert, and as cold as Wrigley Field, then it is truly a sport that spans across many lines. I personally am fine with the ad's I see, since I know that they are not MY official vehicle!

Would not be cool to advertise bankrupt american auto makers

Yeah, honda is still being bailed out, but it didn't go bankrupt on the gov't handouts, so it is still leaps and bounds ahead of GM and Chrysler.

I don't think Ford has the $$ to advertise for the NHL. I know in my area people only started watching because the Capitals finally started doing something this year. Fairweather Fans are abundant here (I remember the 50/50 custom ravens/steelers jerseys for the superbowl).

My point being that the NHL isn't exactly the most effective form of advertisement for Ford.

If Honda wants to give us back our money so the NHL can continue, well I am fine with that.

While I have no problem with it, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the Red Wings decision. Honda is a major sponsor of the NHL playoffs, not of the Wings. So I'm sure the NHL had a hand in making sure that adverstising was there.

Personally, my company has lots of parts on Honda vehicles, so I'm ok with it.

Rocks

I don't think Ford has the $$ to advertise for the NHL.

probally not, since they gave it all to American Idol.. Bet it cost more to sponsor IDOL..

Other than that ,, GO WINGS!!! Great Hockey Games this past weekend...

troy

Idol is, much to my chagrin (but whatever), seen by far too many americans.

I'm not 100% positive on how one counts a voter for the show, but more people vote for American Idol contestants than did for obama.

So, sadly, Idol is a far better choice if only one could be picked. And, idol is on fox, the only news station biased in the (ahem) right direction.

Latest posts