This is just tooo funny

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q5mHPo2yDG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am probably over-thinking it, but after looking at the video again, I noticed that the video of the salesman was recorded from a camera located in the lower center of the dash or console, pointed directly at the salesman in the passenger seat? How did that camera get there without the salesman noticing it?

I suspect that this was a staged video, or that at least the dealership was in on it and knew what was going on and allowed the crew to preposition the in-car camera.

Also, there were cameras all along the route and the salesman did not notice any of them....kind of makes me wonder if this was really a total surprise to the salesman or if he was just doing an acting job?

I also find it questionable that Jeff Gordon would risk someone else's life and expose himself to such a huge liability should he have an accident, without the salesman legally authorizing to go on that ride? And what about the car he ran off the road? Was that driver in on it too? I think probably, YES.

Either way it was very funny and entertaining....:bwahaha:

...Rich

Richard,

The dash cam was in the soda can he took with him when he got in (you can even see him adjust the picture to point at the salesman. You also see him take it with him when he exits the car.

Having said that, I also wonder about whether or not it was truly unrehearsed. It was , after all, a commercial.

Uncle Bob,

Good point. I didn't notice the soda can, but that explains the how they got the video of the salesman. I just can't imagine someone doing that without the dealership or salesman being aware of it?....That would have been a lawyers feeding frenzy if there was an accident.

...Rich

I first noticed that the vehicle has a soda can holder that was high on the dash. It seemed odd with a few other things.

I once took my 82 year old mother to get her a new car. On the test drive I drove it for a little, and then let my mother drive. When we got back my mother said she liked it. I replied, I guess we should try to get your licence back. The salesman freaked. Mother had her licence and the salesman calmed down when she wrote a check for the whole bill.

I suspect that everyone was "in on it" except for the hapless salesman. If he was also an actor, he did a great job. But my biggest problem with the video is that Jeff Gordon and all his Chevy-loving team didn't notice the '09 on the windshield of the Camaro. The Camaro came back as a 2010, so a 2009 model must have been a prototype sporting high cup holders. Pretty rare, I wouldn't dog it like that. lol

BTW, I am a JG fan and that video was funny!:driving:

It's even funnier reading that some here "question" whether this was staged. YA THINK??!! It's a Pepsi commercial, did you miss that part?

As others have noted, it's staged but funny. CLOSED COURSE PROFESSIONAL DRIVER DO NOT ATTEMPT.

That's an aftermarket cup holder. I have that exact one in my ST. Its sides open/close to fit the size of whatever can/cup you place on it.

The 5th gen Camaro went on sell around Spring of '09 as a 2010. If they were at a real delearship, wow...big fail on the dealership.

Probably not even a real dealership, all staged. The prop folks probably just looked at the built date decal on the car which may have said '09 if it's a early 2010 Camaro and slapped an '09 decal on it.

Freeport,

There is no mention that it is a commercial until the very end when it flashes up the "Pepsi Max" screen for about 1 second.

I think it was all staged and that even the salesman was in on it...but he did a great acting job. Probably should have been nominated for an Academy Award....:bwahaha: Of course that does not mean he was not scared or about to crap his pants...:grin:

I also agree that it was not a 2009 Camaro and the cupholder was not from the factory, so why would the salesman not know that? Hmmm...makes one wonder if that was even Jeff Gordon driving?

...Rich

News story about the question of whether it is fake or not. Follow link.

Some of the comments there are pointing out other things which prove that it's a fake. Example--As ncstatewolfpacker pointed out, it's not an '09, as the Camaro didn't come back until the 2010 model year. But it's also not a 2010 model--the interior shots show a touch screen, which apparently didn't get added until the '13 models.

Latest posts