This Competition Orange Flies!!!!!......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chops

Reaction score
....Literally.

A beautiful machine manufactured in 1941, here is a Waco Biplane that I flew in on vacation this week. The first person with the correct location gets 50 points.

[Broken External Image]:

Jockeying for position #3 for takeoff.

[Broken External Image]:

OK the other two planes were held up for some reason, we just went around them. Full throttle clear for take off.

[Broken External Image]:

Airborne, the prop wash is strong. leaning out and holding the camera is challenging.

[Broken External Image]:

A shot downward.

[Broken External Image]:

Side shot

[Broken External Image]:

Another side shot

[Broken External Image]:

Lining up for landing

[Broken External Image]:

This was an incredible experience. Almost like motorcycle riding, my first time in an open cockpit. Highly recommend if you ever get a chance.

So where is this??

DisneyWorld?:lol: errr I mean Bahamas or Bermuda ? Sure looks like a rush! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
And the answer is...

Key West...right?

Somewhere on the South West/East part of Florida I imagine. Although it could be the Naval base in Key West. It looks it the 2nd to last picture like dorms. Im probably wrong cause to me, I couldn't find a single palm tree in your pictures. EDIT.... after reading you are from Ft Lauderdale (spelling) that is no vacation to go to more so South Florida so I will agree with Tiger.

Florida Keys. IIRC, that would be in Marathon at the Marathon Airport.

The cruise ships look like they are in Key West.

Tom

My guess is Nassau Bahamas, that looks like a Carnival Cruise Line vessel in that one shot, and they have a port of call in the Bahamas, but none in in the keys, they only ports are all 'mainland' ports. EDIT, they have got one in Key West...it's not a origin or destination, but still a stop.

Well, I know for a fact that picture with the cruise ships is indeed Key West. (I cheated)

Marathon has an Airport where you can fly in a Bi-Plane and also a MIG fighter Jet. I don't remember what color the Bi-Plane is. Since I can say, with about 99% accuracy, that the picture with the cruise ships is Key West, I will say that the landing is Key West.

Tom

Isn't that a baseball/football stadium in one of the photos? Does Key West have a facility like that? I've never been there, so I am just asking.

[Broken External Image]:

Sorry is it a BMP. This computer will not change a bmp to a jpg.

Tom

chops... Don't know where it is and I don't care. I have a SEVERE fear of heights

(not the fall, but the sudden stop at the bottom, etc...). I am so glad you shared

these photos with us (me). I love planes, and have always wanted to learn how

to fly a helicopter. The pics are so awesome!!! Makes me feel like I am there. So

much so that I must now go and get my air-sickness bag (just kidding).

Thanks again for the pics!!!

Tracnblack...

I agree with Cayman, Key West.

Nelson, that structure is on the old Navy base that is in Key West. It is now mostly used by the Coast Guard.

I think that is where the Truman annex is located.

Chops, great pictures!

Make me want to go for a ride!

JK nailed it right off the bat. :cool:

These are all Key West pictures. We took a 4 day get away down there, it's only 3.5 hours drive. Threw the bicycles in the back of the ST, and it for the most part stayed parked the whole time. You can access the whole island by bike. It's one of my favorite places to go, Florida's second oldest city, and just full of ghost stories, shipwrecks, pirates, and history.

Nelson you spotted Fort Zachary Taylor , a Civil War battery that was built by the Union, it never saw battle. Continually used by the Govt until the '80's, granted to the State of FL and opened to the public in 1985.

[Broken External Image]:

And the infamous sunsets at Mallory Square

[Broken External Image]:

Vacations just go by too fast.:(

Latest posts