Thinking about converting to a 6 CD stereo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago when I was shopping around for an upgrade to my Audiophile head unit (I wanted MP3 compatibility), I couldn't find an aftermarket one with internal 6-disc and MP3 capability, double-din. My best option was to buy the Adrenalin unit from a member. I'll sell you my original Audiophile unit...it's practically new. Local pick up would be great since I don't have the shipping-ma-jig that goes in the unit before transport, and I'd hate for it to break during shipping and produce headaches between us. I have the factory removal tool however which was loaned to me indefinitely by another member, and I'm free to pass it on to others. Anyway, let me know!

Rodger,

I believe Paul is referring to ditching CD's and going MP3. Nearly all computer media players will let you copy your CD songs into MP3 files. You then copy those onto a USB storage drive and use that in your car stereo.

The advantages are CD sound without all the CD's and you can put 100's and 1000's of songs on a single USB drive, depending on its storage capacity.

There are many car stereos available with the USB option.

I used to have around 400 CD's...not any more. I "ripped" the songs to MP3 and sold all the CD's.

Also, many newer stereos have a built in AUX input. This is a simple headphone input that can be used with an iPod or other generic MP3 player.

Rodger,

I believe everyone's talking about a Digital Media Receiver. It's a car stereo with a radio and connections for digital media via USB, memory stick, AUX inputs or other method. These receivers have no CD player in them.

Check out some for your Trac at this link:

Those are gonna be pretty pricey. If you have an iPhone, you shouldn't need a GPS receiver in the Trac if you have a good app in the iPhone like Waze.

But here are the iPhone-compatible/GPS units available from Crutchfield:

I personally love my Pioneer it was arround 400 from sonicelectronixs it plays CD's DVD's it has a minicard reader aux input ( which I used for a PS2) and a its pandora app ready, If you feel like it you can add the GPS, HD radio, bluetooth and a few other things but since I dont need them I have not the picture quality is great and the sound is better. just my 2c worth. Feel free to look at the pics in my library.

R