Thinking about buying an Adrenalin

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olivia Snyder

Reaction score
I am looking at a 2008 v8 AWD Adrenalin. Am I correct in thinking you cannot take it out of AWD? For those of you who have AWD, what kind of gas mileage do you get? Also note if its a v6 or v8...thanks for all the input and help!

I haven't thought about it but I may be willing to sell mine but it's not AWD. Look at my pics.. and you can find it on youtube under "Nocturnal Perf Intake Dyno". You won't find another like it!

I've been looking for one preferably white or black for several months now. I want a V8 too.

All I find a red ones or v6s. Oh well the search continues....

I bought a new 2009 Adrenalin about 18 months ago, and I love it. It has the 4.6 V8 and yes, it stays in AWD all the time. I can lock it into 4x4 if I want, but I've had little need for that. I was apprehensive about the AWD, but now I love it. I never worry about losing traction on black ice, and I'm not nervously driving with one hand on the 4x4 switch when the roads are slippery. And, I actually get better gas mileage (23 mpg Canadian) than I did with my 2003 ST 4x4. And sorry, it's not for sale.

See my recent post (Rainbow of STAs) if you can't decide which color to get.

Good luck. This is one purchase you won't regret!

I have an 08 Adrenelin, 4.6L awd. I love my truck, but do find it really rough on gas. I get about 15mpg city and 18-19mpg highway. Much worse if I decided to be a little heavy on the gas pedal. The truck is a real head turner, and I love the touch screen stereo system!

I ordered my 08 new with the 4.6 and...sorry guys but just got 2wd. 99.9% of my miles are on hard surface roads. But even in the winter with the set of Firestone winterforce I'm running (took the 20's off and bought another set of wheels for winter use) I don't have any trouble in 6"-8" snow. As for the truck, I love it. I've had some minor problems and if there was a dealer that wasn't afraid to work on something when there is no service bulletin I wouldn't have that. Great little truck and I can't understand why Ford didn't promote it more. I get 22-23 mpg highway in summer and 18-19 in winter.

I've had two Gen II STAs now and I love them. You will regret not buying one and you will regret selling or trading it if you own one.

I love my STA!

You can easily take it out of AWD and lock into 4WD by using the menu but I only do that if we have heavy snow or ice. Otherwise, AWD is great. My mileage is 17.5-18 in normal traffic and 21 on highway driving. That is hugely better than the 2001 ST I had and the ride blows away the 2001 by a long shot. My Adrenalin is 2008 V6. I am adding the Zabteck Throttle Body in a week or so and look forward to more pep. Get the Adrenalin. Not many on the roads ever since Ford dealers barely ever stocked them or told customers about the option. I had to tell my dealer about the Adrenalin and I ordered it from the factory. I continually get people asking me what is that truck is and where did I get that! I love that. I come out of a store and people will be standing there looking at it! Love that!

Latest posts