thermostat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Weicht

Reaction score
went and had my ST looked at the other day and said everything was fine except to keep an eye on my thermostat. There had been a leak before and had left a small stain on the thermostat, since then the leak was fixed and i havent noticed anything till today. I had what looked like radiator coolant dripping under my truck when i pulled into the garage. They said i might have to get my thermostat replace the other day and how to tell was if i was leaking coolant. My radiator is still full with coolant and i cant tell where the leak is at, but does changing the thermostat sound legit for fixing the problem? if so how much would it cost approx. appreciate any help

It could be just your thermostat o-ring that is leaking. I see you have an '02 ST, if the thermostat has never been replaced, then it may be a good idea to do so, before it does go bad. Here is a project link to do both the thermostat, and o-ring replacement - very easy to do both yourself, and save some bucks in labor.

Yeah that is very high price, but you are paying for the shops labor (about $285.00 in labor). Considering a new thermostat is only about $14.00, and a new thermostat o-ring is about $2.00. Like I said do it yourself, and save a lot of bucks in labor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts