Thermostat housing changed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffksf B

Reaction score
Finally got around to this today. The front bolt was corroded, the other 2 showed absolutely no signs of corrosion what so ever. So I broke up the housing with pliers, sawzall, and a hammer/punch. This allowed me to get to the one bolt and unscrewed it with the hunk of the housing still attached. This worked well because I was able to break up the remainder of the plastic with a sawzall and the vise. Getting the sensors unplgged and out was a big PITA. so little clearance between the intake manifold and the sensor plugs. Before putting the new one in place I put the sensors in and then set the whole housing in the area on an angle allowing me to plug the sensors in and also put the back bolt in it's home. Because of clearence issues I was unable to pull the back bolt up and out, it is about 2.5" long. I was only able to replace 1 sensor because I had a hard time getting the other one. I did put a new O ring on the old one of coarse. Hopefully I don't regret that. I was able to hose out the valley of the engine and clean that up pretty well.

I started a thread about this a month ago but its on the second page now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts