Then there was one...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Phillips

Reaction score
Well, as some of you heard in Louisville, the time has come to start a new project. So, Jade has moved on. She's still technically mine, but probably not for much longer, if I decide to go ahead and sell her. But for now, she's making an around-towner for my mom in Wichita. So, sadly I watched 5 years of work and fun rumble quietly out of the driveway and down the street. Now that I have the Stang, I know Jade won't be driven near enough, and I don't want her to just sit. But she's still in the family, and I will still be able to driver her occasionally. I will still be around MyST.com, just with a Mustang under my butt. And you can bet, this won't be my last ST. There will be an Adrenalin in my future...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Gimme my emblem back!

It's sad to lose a child. Hell, I'm sad for you. And visitation sucks.

Sorry that you had to give up the Trac.

I had a question about the antenna. Is it for HAM or CB (I couldn't see the entire base) and did you do the trick with running the coax through the third light? Is it a mag mount, did it leave a fade spot under the base?

Dang...I sort of feel bad asking you questions about a car you may be giving up. Like asking a buddy if I can date his soon-to-be-ex-wife.

eltee, how are the yok tires holding up? Did not get a chance to watch them wear on wifes '01 escape. It got flood totaled.

So...does your mom need those ATS running boards?

Sorry Jeff, they're not coming off. They were a bitch to get on right the first time, and I don't have all the needed parts to put the sides skirts back on. (And they're one of her favorite parts)

Gimme my emblem back!

No. :D Thanks for the emblem, it will be going on next time I see them.

Why not keep both..?

Now that I have the Mustang, that bumped us up to 3 cars, and I only really have room for 2. And, I'm one of those guys that will usually drive the newer speedier one, so I knew Jade would just end up sitting there dying slowly unless we needed people room. And my mom has an F-350 with a 7.3L Navistar to commute in. So I figured this would help us both out. She really liked Jade from the start.

I had a question about the antenna. Is it for HAM or CB (I couldn't see the entire base) and did you do the trick with running the coax through the third light? Is it a mag mount, did it leave a fade spot under the base?

There's a CB in the glove box. The antenna is a mag mount, ran through the 3rd brake light. The light housing is notched, then sealed with black RTV silicone. And yes, unfortunately there is a fade spot under the antenna.

sniffles....

"Warriors should die in battle not while being unused and waiting..." I forgot where I heard that but it came to mind...

sorry about jade. :(

With it still being in the family, you could let her drive your Stang and you drive the ST to the next meet. That is if you trust her with it.:lol: We'll let you in with us even if you drive the Stang and not the ST.

Larry it was nice to meet ya'll and see Jade at the meet. Of course I had to vote for Jade at the shine. Hate to see my St's twin sister leave ya,but it is still in the Family. Besides your Island Blue is better looking hahaha. I wish I would have got a pic of them side by side._Ron

"Warriors should die in battle not while being unused and waiting..." I forgot where I heard that but it came to mind...

"Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal" (XXX State of the Union, quoted from Tupac)

I hope those pics aren't of her driving off for the last time?????

It's my girlfriend Sarah driving Jade to the hotel so my dad could drive the Mustang.

If you have any moments of sadness, just jump in the stang, it will have major restoritive powers, works for me

It definately helps Bill.

Paul, I remember taking that picture!

Hate to see my St's twin sister leave ya

Definately twins, I told Sarah that Jade looked like yours when I got her.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts