The Theory Of Santa (Or, Why Santa does not exist)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fer Echegaray

Reaction score
Some of you might already have seen this, but here it is anyway:

1)No known species of reindeer can fly. BUT there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer, which only Santa has ever seen.

2)There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. BUT since Santa doesn't (appear) to handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish & Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total -378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census) rate of 3.5

children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. One presumes that there's at least one good child in each.

3)Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with. This is due to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits/second. That is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has .001 second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings,

distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house.

4)Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about .78 miles/household, a total trip of 75.5 million miles; not counting stops to do what most of us do at lease once every 31 hours, plus eating etc. So Santa's sleigh must be moving at 650 miles/second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a pokey 27.4 miles/second. A conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles/hour.

5)The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium sized Lego set (2 lb.), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300lb. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see #1) can pull 10 TIMES

the normal amount, we cannot do the job with 8, or even 9, reindeer. We need 214,200. This increases the payload - not counting the weight of the sleigh - to 353,430 tons. This is four times the weight of the ocean liner Queen Elizabeth.

6)353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles/second creates enormous air resistance.

This will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as a spacecraft re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them and create deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within .00426 of a second. Meanwhile, Santa, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250 lb. Santa, being very conservative in terms of guessing Santa's weight, would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 lb. of force. If

Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's dead now.

In conclusion: Santa does not exist.

If you don't believe...then I guess santa won't be stopping by your house. He can now spend .010001 seconds at my house, according to my calcuations. I hear he also equipped his sleigh with an xcal chip from Wfoy and added an EE swaybar to improve his high speed turning ability. It can be done...just wait and see. Millions of kids will wake up next Sunday and see the magic of Santa.

I also saw him at the mall the other day. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
:( I refuse to believe this... I saw him just yesterday driving a Ford Ranger pickup near my office. :p

so who eats my milk and cookies? and why can i not have a fire in my fireplace on christmas eve? and i hope kids will wake up on SUNDAY to find out he's REAL.....

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!:D

I heard Santa has to wear a monitor-bracelet after he got popped on a B&E as a suspected child molester. He apparantly has a child-on-his-knee fetish. Santa has been classified as a level-3 sex offender (most likely to re-offend), and has a serious challenges overcoming his peeping fetish...why does he fancy watching kids while they are awake or sleeping? Yikes!

I wonder if he has registered as a sex offender?

I'm Santa, and I have a lot more time than you calculated, because I only go visit good boys and girls who believe in me. That gives me plenty of time to eat milk and cookies as well, so I can keep my rotund Santa figure. This is a photo of me working today. :D

[Broken External Image]:

Hey Santa...

I've already received a lump o' coal on your 'holiday', so I'm not scared!!! And I STILL don't believe you exist, and the scientific evidence above proves that you don't... so there!!!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Duhhh Santa can stop time so he can get to all those places in one night. Jeez i would have thought you would have know that. :p

Here's more evidense...it seems that even Post offices around the world ensure Santa mail gets delivered....all for the belief of children in him! :)

Post offices gear up for Santa mail

Postal services around the world are gearing up for their most frantic period of the year, ensuring wishful letters from millions of children get through to the jolly fat man running the North Pole toy factory.

But in reindeer-dotted Sweden, where people think of Santa Claus as something of a local identity, the post office is ready to go just a little bit further in the spirit of Christmas.

Posten spokeswoman Eva Appelgren says any child writing to the chap in red is guaranteed a personal reply and a small gift via a new dedicated Santa service.

Special red post boxes have been installed in the main cities of Stockholm, Malmo, Goteborg and Umeaa to make sure children's pleas are whisked straight to the Christmas authorities.

For years, Posten has made it a point of replying to every child's letter addressed to Santa and posted through regular letter boxes and post offices.

"Last year, we received 200,000 letters," Ms Appelgren said.

But Sweden's postal service is not alone in concocting imaginative ways to handle the seasonal deluge.

In Canada, which for years has operated the special North Pole postcode of HOH OHO, 11,000 volunteer elves last year responded to 1 million letters written in 27 languages.

They also handled 30,000 emailed inquiries about toys coupled with good behaviour vows.

In Australia, 120,000 children received replies that supposedly had travelled from the ice packs on the far end of the world.

In the United States, children can take their pick of four local North Poles to address their letters - in the states of New York, Idaho, Oklahoma and Alaska.