The Saleen STA Is For Sale. Low $30s Range Details Inside.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
My mother in law has been on the losing end of a battle with three different types of cancer for awhile now. Recently she had tubes implanted in her lungs so she could drain the fluid from her home as it's now required often.

My wife is very very close with her mother. This event has changed my wife. She has become more impatient in expanding our family. She wants to make the most of every day we have on this earth.

We have a financial life plan in place that we have been trying to follow for about 4 years now.

We moved up the date that we wanted to start our family and I'm very happy we did. I love my son and he is amazing. We had wanted to wait two years before we have our next child.

My wife cannot wait and every day that we don't make progess toward expanding our family...she just becomes more unhappy.

Right now, we have all the toys we wanted. We are with equity in everything we own and we can make extra on all our payments and put a little money away. While I personally think that we are rushing things way to fast, in the end it's all about what makes her happy. I would love another child and I wouldn't mind a bigger home. My son has brought a level of joy to my life that I couldn't imagine before.

However, moving up the plans requires us to sell our toys. Specifically the Saleen STA and her 11 STi sedan. We will also be looking for a larger home as our current home is becoming smaller every day as Bryton begins to crawl and attempt to walk. This also sucks because we just dumped $30,000 in our house in 2010.

The timing is horrible and my truck only has 19-20,000 miles on it and I JUST supercharged it. I've not even put 10,000 miles on it since the conversion.

However, if I can sell my STA and get a Sportage or something like that...there is a chance that my wife can keep her dream car.

I want to keep mife happy and I want her to know that our family is more important than our toys.

So here it is, the reason for my posting...

I'd like to sell my 2010 STA. It has 19,000 miles on it. Will probably have 20,000 on it before I sell or trade it. The truck is in very good condition if not excellent condition.

It now has a BakFlip F1 cover that allows you full bed access. $1000

Obviously its supercharged. $9,000 400RWHP, dyno tuned with full monitoring equipment.

The truck books $34,140 clean retail without the SC. That's a high number imo.

At auction this truck is selling for a little over $29,000 to a dealer. I actually saw a 2010 V6 RWD Adrenalin go through Manheim Auto Auction for $25,000.

I'm selling it for $34,500 with everything on it. All OEM parts included. Much less and I will have a couple of my ASE Master Certified Techs return the vehicle to stock, here at my dealership. I feel this price is very fair but I'm willing to move a little to help your budget as I know times are not ideal for selling something like this.

Make me an offer as I need to sell this vehicle or trade it within a couple months. I have a 2012 Kia Sportage SX AWD base on order now. They take between 2-3 months to get..if Kia fills our request for exact equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carey,

Seems to me you went through this before. With your first STA..........

Never ending yo yo.......:sad:

The first STA was sold in favor of a 2010 Ram Sport. Which I didn't like so I got rid of it for the 2010 STA.

I'm going to lease the Sportage so I'm in that sucker for 36 months and my wife will just have to be happy!

Wow - I am sorry to hear that - I personally wish you the very best and hope you get the top dollar you deserve from your toy - make sure you have it on ATC and Cars both and write great selling descriptions for them that help the buyer become emotionally vested as you were.

Being a professional bachelor, I have never faced forced change - to me that has to be incredibly tough - Can't you just wait a little while and see if the New 13 Fusion with have the Eco-Boost vs. K K K K K Kia?

Last edited by a moderator:
Carey -

I wish you the best with what you have on your plate. Boy, the house is an added piece to the equation, and in a tough market no less. I hope it all works out for you and your family.

If you are fortunate enough to sell your STA for what you need to get and do, and end up with a short list of extra interested people after the sale, please keep me in mind. As I've shared with you recently I've been looking to move on from my SST. Fusion or Taurus Eco-B are on my short list.

Lead the way.

I sell Kia's and I rather like the Sportage. Other than the 5.0L Mustang, Edge Sport and the STA nothing interests me. The Edge is a lot more money...although larger than the Sportage. I'm dropping my payment and gaining a TON of fuel economy.

Carey,

Sorry to hear you have to dump the truck, but it's for a good reason! Can't say anything bad about growing the family:supercool:

I wish you the best in selling the truck. If I didn't already have mine, I'd probably be off to the bank for a loan...

On that, however, should you need to remove the S/C kit due to selling price, I'd be on the list to possibly purchase that from you if you'd be looking to move it separately.

Best of luck!

It doesn't have nav. I'd throw the springs in if I could get $33500 for it. I have offers at $30,000 and $31,500. It's worth a bit more. I'm not looking to get top book ($34500) but I'm not giving my dream truck away.

She is almost up to $30,000 already. Have a guy who is all over her but he wants it outside of auction and won't budge past $30000. It's worth more but I wonder if I should just take the money and run.

I think a good deal on this truck would be $33,000. My reserve is $31,500.

What do you guys think? Cash in my chips or keep playing the game?

Well at $30000 that would be the middle of the road for auction. The problem I have with this situation is my extreme emotional attachment. It's clouding my judgement on this. Especially after dumping money into the supercharger. It feels low but feeling isn't reality. I'm not to proud to ask for help.

I would wait the auction out.. If it doesn't meet reserve, then you can consider his offer...

I'm in a similar situation with my Shelby... I "should" sell it, but I"m not willing to take a loss. I'd sooner keep the noose on my neck making the payments.

From what I understand, you're not in a desparate situation to sell the car. You just want to get rid of it so you can begin other endeavours. It sounds like you could "afford" to wait it out and get what you deserve for it.

I could wait it out. The buyer has mentioned that he could do $31500 so I'm not worried about it. It's going to sell.

I will be buying an STA again later. Probably as a toy. Something RWD. It's likely that I'll do a turbo or something next time.

Gavin, either he was a drunk idiot. Or his intention was to total his kia....:bwahaha:

Didnt make any sense to come running at the drop off. I might see him dumb enough to try the down hill. Not at a running start...:bwahaha:

Latest posts