The Law is the Law!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
THE LAW IS THE LAW

So "if" the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.

And "if" that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the American public's best interests at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government (Federal, State and Local) and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the"US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays." After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter. It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct."

In fact....

I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshipping God....) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....

What do you all think????

If this idea gets to enough people,maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the "minority opinions" and begin, once again, to represent the "majority" of ALL of the American people.

SO BE IT..........

Please Dear Lord,

Give us the help needed to keep you in our country!

'Amen' and 'Amen'

These are definitely things I never thought about but from now on, I will be sure to question those in government who support these changes..

I love it! Separation of church and state! Your god doesn't belong on everything. And I will continue to try and elect people who feel the same.

This email has been floating around for at least 5 years.

I find its logic and examples flawed:

Easter is on Sunday, and Good Friday is not a federal holiday, so I don't think either has a bearing on when the SCOTUS is in session. Sunday is not just another day...its the 2nd day of the weekend. Weekends have been off for most people since the industrial revolution and the 5 day work week, and that has nothing really to do with religion.

Personally, I don't like sarcasm nor reverse psychology. They tend to insult one's intelligence. I see this recommendation as a sarcastic example of reverse psychology in action...though I understand it was probably just some rant that has turned into Internet lore at this point.

Everything old is new again. We can still trust in God. We can still have faith in God. We can still pray to God. Nobody is stopping us.

Most people in this country don't really understand what exactly religious persecution is. The same rights that allow us to pursue any religion we want (or none at all) also protect us from having religion shoved down our throughts (especially by the govt). These rights and associated laws are a double-edge sword. Rights come at a cost, folks. Want to be able to pray to your God? Well, then you have to accept that our government isn't going to do anything to further your God, his message, what he stands for.

Our government is filled with people, most of whom think and act just like you and I. They have the right to Christmas off, with pay, even if the government can't define nor further God. They have that right as people, not as government servants.

Keep it up folks, and essentially everything will simply be "floating holidays", so as not to offend anyone. That would be a tragedy. This whole notion that issues are black and white, and that if we can't have "God" on our money or in our courts then we can't have Christmas off will further us down that path.

Is that what you really want? Be careful what you ask for!

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
SO very true, They just had to have a two week fight between an athiest and the a town just south of Pittsburgh because they put a Nativity setup on the lawn of the county courthouse or city hall. Well one athiest women complained and they moved it down the street to a business's front lawn. two weeks later and who knows how many tax dollars spent to fight back and the nativity setup was back on gov't property. Granted I believe in God and this country was founded on religous people otherwise we wouldn't have it spread throughtout everything but seriously. One way to really get the economy back on track is to start taxing all church's, etc.. They don't pay property taxes, income taxes, wage taxes, etc., hell they started taxing the Amish people and most of them live seperate from the power grid, public water, etc.. Most of you in the south know damn well those church's bring in well over $2-4 million a year if not more and most church's have PRIME realestate. I'm not trying to start a holy war here (wev'e already got that going on overseas) just making an honest statement. Let the bad mouthing begin though. I'm not gonna argue back because there are no winners when it comes to a religous arguement because people are set in there ways and beliefs. Think about it and have a good day.

:eek:nline::supercool::haveabeer::btddhorse:

Jerry,

People don't seem to be able to tolerate differences anymore. It used to be if you weren't religious it was enough to simply NOT go to church and look the other way when you encountered some religious activity or symbol in public. Now it seems everyone has to have their own crusade. Everyone has to show how important they are by displaying how they are offended, how they have somehow been wronged.

It's B.S. Personally, I think there needs to be some common sense put back into all of this. Unless someone can show how they were PERSONALLY injured (either physically, monetarily, or emotionally) by some religious display then I think they should simply STFU. Likewise, if they bring a lawsuit to a town, or county, etc, and they cannot PROVE how they were injured, then I think they should be liable for court costs AND hit with a baseless lawsuit fine.

We don't need crusaders out there for BS like this.

No one is being hurt by words on our money, or a plague on courthouse wall, or by a nativity scene. It really isn't hurting anyone. Look the other way for crying out lout.

Bunch a self-important busy-bodies.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshipping God....) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....

Actually Saturday is the day of rest, the Sabbath. Sunday is the first day of the week.

Tom

Caymen is correct. My wife is a 7th day Baptist and will tell you the same thing.

I'd have converted, but they sacrifice animals and still do burnt offerings. (jk)

:)

TJR

Unless someone can show how they were PERSONALLY injured (either physically, monetarily, or emotionally) by some religious display then I think they should simply STFU.

I concur, but I know that someone could all too easily show that they were emotionally injured by some religious display...though it'd be hokum, there are those that would do it :(

Now it seems everyone has to have their own crusade.

Applied to atheists protesting Christianity, I find the irony hilarious. :banana:

Whats a "hokum"? Anyway, I have to agree with TJ, observance of an event, holiday or the like, is what is accepted as proper in our country. It doesn't matter if you believe that Jesus was the son of God or a Jewish rabbi/carpenter who had a new twist on religion. Whether it has religious beginnings or not, we have created a monster by trying to appease all classes by adding more holidays to the calender. Please watch "Miracle on 42nd street" again and the lesson at the end. Faith is something all of us have, how we use it is up to us. Religious freedom is outlined in the Constitution/Bill of Rights, lets not twist it into something distasteful. And there is no reason why(that I can think of) the US government can't have any number of connections to religion, its what this country was founded on. So let the naysayers have thier 15 minutes of glory, then we'll fight them one battle at a time. No matter how ridiculous the cause may be. I'm rambling, still wonder what a "hokum" is. Bob :banghead:

Holy Hell it's a christmas miracle, TJR and Caymen agreed on something

Everyone comes to their senses once in a while. It just took TJR a little longer than most. ;-)

Tom

also protect us from having religion shoved down our throughts

I fully realize it's just a typo--but in this context, I actually like that spelling of "throughts"! The message applies to both our "throats" and our "thoughts". :D

Let it be. Mind your own business. Take care of your own. Think for yourself. Believe what you will. Love thy neighbor.

Actually, it was by Executive Order (by Eisenhower), not law that put "In God We Trust" on our money in the 1950s. It was a calculated political move to combat communism, not an inalienable right.

Think twice, write once.

A friend of mine sent me this today:

Letter from Jesus about Christmas --

It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season.

How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth, just GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

Now, having said that let Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santa's and snowmen and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn If all My followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town square because there would be many of them all around town.

Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you wish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching, explaining who I am in relation to you and what each of our tasks were. If you have forgotten that one, look up John 15: 1 - 8.

If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it:

1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.

2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.

3. Instead of writing the President complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out thisyear, why don't you write and tell him that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up... It will be nice hearing from you again.

4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.

5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.

6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.

7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families

8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary-- especially one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never heard My name.

9. Here's a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me and they will make the delivery for you.

10. Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine.

Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest. Check out the list above and get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember:

I LOVE YOU,

JESUS