The "Grand Scheme" Begins to Unravel...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I am concerned, let Chrysler go Bye-Bye, G.M has to be saved.

Other than perhaps the Viper they have not built a decent car in 25 yrs, and yes I have driven the new Challys, both the R/T and the SRT8, both are a piss poor effort to get back into the H.P wars they once dominated.

While I agree with you about Chrysler, Bill, why does Goverment Motors "have" to be saved with my tax dollars? Why can't they either go to liquidation and start over, or try to survive on their own, like FoMoCo?

Ford had far deeper pockets than G.M., gotta admit that G.M made some damn fine cars.

I want to see G.M survive.

G.M is past the point of survival without your tax $s, not a clue what the answere is.

Don't necessarily think Ford "really" had deeper pockets per se. More like they foresaw the future before GM and made more timely adjustments which gained them the "deeper pockets"

Al la, Mulally...

Bill Ford saw the writing on the wall, so he hired Alan Mulally to get ready for the crap to hit the fan. I just hope the gamble pays off for FoMoCo and there are no stoppages for parts. Already having a hard time getting some stuff from suppliers.

Thats where I think major future Problems will arise, the parts suppliers are getting killed, do not think they are getting bailed out.

granted the big 3 use some of the billions to pay debt to the suppliers, but as demand continues to slow, the companys that make the gears, the bearings, the sheetmetal stampings, the radios, the rims and tires, engines , trannys, the list go's on and on, will get killed.

The big three really do not make anything, they just assemble parts from thousands of small companys, the trickle down effect is often not thought of but it is tremendous.

Being in aircraft production for most of my career, the trickle down is WELL know regarding suppliers!

In down production cycles, the vendors / suppliers don't really get killed. They just shutdown un-needed production and await the up cycle. The workers are the ones who get killed (laid-off) during those times.

But, when the up-cycle builds and the suppliers are asked to build up, they (Execs) make out wonders. More or less, if you want us to tool back up and re-open our closed facilities, you're gonna pay us this amount of $. If you don't agree, go find someone else.

Alcoa had ALWAYS had the heavy hand in up cycle negotiation during ramped up a/c production!

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard a far far out there rumor that Ford was once looking into acquiring Jeep. But this was prior to King Obama's forcing them out of business.

I heard a far far out there rumor that Ford was once looking into acquiring Jeep. But this was prior to King Obama's forcing them out of business.

Funny you should mention a rumor Al. Latest rumor I heard is that the title of "King" is not fitting of the "chosen one". Messiah is preferred!!!!

And in some circles, demanded!!!!!

Of course this is just a rumor until proven otherwise...

bud,

the neon srt was a good bang for the buck vehicle. if you visit drag strips you will see a bunch there that run in the low 13's with very minor tweeks. not bad for less then a few grand under 20K. who cares that the back seat windows are crank :eek:

bill,

as far as GM, i hope they still hang around and continue to make that boring trailer park corvette ;)

really falling for the new camaro, even the V-6 will do it for me :D

Yeah, if BHO, er, I mean GM comes out as we are told, I hope they raise the bar of the Vette to compete with whatever Ford has to offer...

Hell, why not make a new retro ElCamino??? That indeed would own trailer parks nationwide!!!!!!:banana:

And I don't mean the Pontiac G10...

Did some reaserch today, may rethink my thoughts about G.M as the american Icon I once thought they were, A great supporter of the american car industry.

Did any of you no that The new Camaro was developed in Australia, tested in Germany, and is made in canada? as is the suburban and the Escalade, not Canada bashing, just found that interesting.

Yeah...what gary s said...Hell some of the best are even made south of our border!!!

Right Tom???

Latest posts