The DOW Jones plummets!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I better keep my job for a few more years. I'd hate to get out of the military in the middle of a recession. Maybe I'll just retire in Poland. I just found out one of my friends makes $400/month, and that is above average wages. I could live like a king here on my retirement.

$400 a month may be above average wages, but the average person over there probably saves for years to buy a car, or a TV, or whatever. There are so many things we treat like necessities here that are luxuries in other parts of the world.

I keep an eye on my stocks but don't watch on a daily basis. As long as my investments peak when I retire or plan to sell...I don't care what it does until then. It saves me the aggravation. Then again...I'm not close to retiring so I have time to let the market fluctuate.

Very true dreman. We have very good public transportation here, so most folks don't need a car. They seem to spend a lot more money on clothes though. Most Poles dress very sharp.

What sucks about a portion of the loss is that there was a computer glitch that "caused" the DOW to drop 200 points in 5 minutes.... combine that with the China market and blam-o.

I heard one of the silliest things this morning being blamed for the drop....

the "attempted assassination" of Cheney yesterday. Right. Of course investors look only at what the Vice President does... never mind the fact that China's market went to crap, Greenspan was talking recession (even though he is no longer Fed Cheif, he still has a lot of play) and GDP growth was being forcast as lower than expected. In addition was the rising oil prices, the announced layoffs and buyouts... yeah I can see how investors were jittery over a homicide bomber.... stupid NBC people... pull your heads out of your posteriers...