The Corvette ZR-1 at speed. Awesome ride!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryW Gilliland

Reaction score
A professional driver pilots the new ZR-1 Corvette at incredible speeds around a race course. After 8 minutes of watching it, I know how my wife feels when I drive 'crazy'.

just another boring vette :rolleyes:

not to many of us can control that beast the way it was just driven.

AWESOME :cool::banana:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
be still my heart :banana::banana::cool::cool::cool:

I ran the hell out of my 96 LT4 manual,, but not that great!

larue,

the LT-4 was an awesome motor. i almost bought my friends LT-4 (it only came in a manny) red vert before i got mine. then there is the very collectible grand sport :D

I had the 96 collectors edition, silver t-top,,, wish I could find a pic.............. whooo hooo found 1

[Broken External Image]:

Pshh, please thats nothing. I drive like that to school every morning. Just kidding:lol: The sound of that is freaking amazing. I wish I would get to drive one...yea, in my dreams:lol:

here on lons isle there is one for 110.

agree, not many will be made.

my neighbors ZO6 that i drove last week is probably not far off.

he dumped alot of $ into it for track & straight line perf on top of what it was stock.

That new ZR-1 is a work of art. GM did the Corvette right. The C6 Vette is awesome on its own. There is just something so awesome about a front engine, rear tranny car that is awesome.

Tom

Reminds me of a clip I saw many years ago with a 1960's vintage Ford GT40 427. They put a speed readout in the corner of the display. It was incredible to see the speed pushing 200-210-220 at times.

Doesn't that track have a straightaway anywhere?

Saw a TV show about a year ago about the development of the Corvette Z06 and the test drove one on the Germany Autobahn. They topped out at over 170+ MPH and would have gone faster if it was not for the traffic.

What was amazing was the fact that they changed the size of the brake cooling ducts in the lower facia and it completely upset the balance of the car and they had to redesign the ducts for better cooling but return to the original size. Something most people would never experience here in the USA since there are no roads in the US where it is legal or safe to drive 170+MPH.

...Rich

Very impressive! Loved passing the bikes. And even getting loose a couple times around the 6 minute mark, that car seemed to want to get back to control. The steering did seem a bit stiff, but its good to have a pro that knows the track and how to handle the car.

I would have to say not bad for a non-Ford / non-Ferrari!

One of the more unusual aspects in the video is that you do feel the sensation of speed that you don't often get in a video.

I would have loved to have been in the passenger seat during that ride, however I think I and most of the folks here would have probably crapped their pants, since I got a little nervous the few times when he dove into a corner and actually ran off the pavement....I thought he was going to loose it a few times.

...Rich

If a pro driver, he was not pushing the car to the limit, never seen a ZR but have run with some ZOs at Thunderhill and infinion.

they are wicked fast in the straights, but my little stang can match them in the twistys.

H.P means nada on a road course, suspension and skidpad numbers do.

Latest posts