the back window button, does it come off?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick caceres

Reaction score
does it? i painted the center console thingy once and it came out kinda crappy the first time, so i'm gonna redo it, but does that button come straight out like the a/c control ones? thanks.

you can just pull it off... you can also take out the air vents and the 4x4 button and 4x4 label (if you have 4x4)

Dallas

oh the back window buttom label comes off too? how would i get it out? i had taken out the vents and radio before..

kind of off topic...what color did you paint this? what paint did you use? I just ordered the full center console and the silver part is scratched, so i want to repaint it...i just need to know the details. thanks

Yes, the back window label comes off. As you probably know already, the switch assembly is held on by two screws (Yellow arrows), the locator pins align it correctly (Blue arrows), so the Foglight button and Rear window switch (Green dashed line) sit in the cutouts just right, the back window label plastic bezel is held on by 4 pins (Red arrows) that are melted after the bezel is situated upon the pins. With a little careful persuasion, the plastic bezel will come off, just glue it back on when you are done painting.

[Broken External Image]:

And with a little other modifications, you can get it to have all the extra stuff mine has...

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts