"The 7 Worst Ways to Mod Your Car"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinbakon

Reaction score
I found this on Spike's website and thought it might spark some comments . . .

Personally, I can come up with a few more, like useless gauges, stick-on vents, "fast and the furious" vinyl stickers, unnecessary lighting . . . I could go on forever, but # 2 is my favorite of Spike's list . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd add the Walmart Special $20 spinners, cars with 20" rims but pencil thin tires, and the people that mis-match logos (i.e. Ford Logo on a S-10)

LOL. I see "ricers" every day with all that stuff. Idiots driving them just are clueless how stupid they look. :p

That "fake chrome" one is my fav. I HATE it when people do that.

This seems to be a Manhattan and surrounding communities thing. I can't tell you how often I'll see GMC and Chevrolet full-sizes with the full package--door handles, door edges, etc.

I saw a late 90's early 2000's fullsize model impala setting on at least 22's and sporting a set of truck nutz. I don't think the black guy driving thought it was as funny as I did.

In a way, they are no different that some of us who employed air shocks and sidepipes on our cars in the 70's....

two words: Fart Can

Yup, adding wings for "looks" is a failsafe way to ruin a vehicle. Or stick on vents/scoops, it's bad enough when the OEM has scoops and vents that don't do anything, but adding them after the fact? The word tasteless comes to mind.

I agree with the list. I do not agree with that clip of the muffler. That is how and RX7 with a ported motor sounds no matter what. I know its tuff for someone to everthing about every car so they just put a link in, but a rotary motor is very unique.

I like #2, Wings... a friend reffered to cars fitted with them as "shopping carts"... at least you have something to push against when it breaks down

I have a couple people around town here that have the "Sponsor Stickers" on the fenders of thier Neons. I just shake my head when they go "buzzing" off in the parkinglot. The can mufflers are really funny. There can't be any low end in these vehicles with those things on.:D

Latest posts