The 1 millionth Tire Question!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Whitman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Its that time for me to go and buy new Tires for my trac!

Its a 4x4 04 and I have tires on it now that were aftermarket tires and they are crap... LOUD and really didn't do much for me in the snow and again were really loud in the summer months.

I am looking for something that won't RUB and is quiet for daily driving as I don't do any offroading... I do alot of Highway driving for work.

Also what Size should I be looking at?

Cheers

Whit

P.S. Sorry for posting another tire question but I went thru the search and my eye were getting tired looking thru all the posts and really never found one saying make and model for quiet rides that would be good for all seasons!

The only tire I have had that fits your wants is the Michelin cross terrain in a 275/70/R16 size. They were quiet good in the rain had lots of siping for the snow. They were a good all season tire, they even did good in lots of water, like 10" or so. :lol: At that size they did rub on the sway bar but I don't think a 265 70 or the stock 255/70 would rub. Hope that helps.

We recently got the Goodyear Fortera Tripletred (P255/70 R16 on an '03 XLT) and have been happy. Very quiet, and quite responsive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone tried the TOYO Open Country H/T tire?

I have a friend that owns a tire shop and he is saying this is one of the best tires that I could put on my truck for a about $150 per tire installed (Canadian)

Wondering if anyone has feedback on this tire?

Cheers

Whit

Can't speak for snow, but the 265/70/16 Dueller Revos I put on are great in the rain.

HUGE improvement over the OEM Goodyears.

I was in the market for tires recently on my 03 ST. I used tirerack.com to compare what I wanted. I just installed Goodyear Fortera's and really like them. But BFG's, Deullers, and Michelins are very good tires too. I would use tirerack to see what you like and build on up. Hope this helps!

i had the toyo's on my grand cherokee.the worst friggin tire i have ever owned.horrible in the rain and worse in the snow. i have the mich cross terrain on my st now.seem nice. not noisy at all.and so far in the rain have been good.have only had a little snow so far this year.and they where very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michelin mtx 275/70/R16 is what i use on mine the wear good and rides nice too. even thought i has a two wheel drive with tries i run i been known to hang with the 4x4`s but the only thing is i paid $265.00 a tire form sears.

Latest posts