Thats' some pool skill

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AeiEiSKAp5M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AeiEiSKAp5M&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Wow, that is crazy amazing!

The girl is hot and all, but I'm less impressed by a guy that has good command of pool ball english on shots that have the balls 100% setup and placed on the table with precision and therefore are no doubt practiced again, and again, than I am with a guy that can clear a table, any table, in regular play.

TJR,

I agree that the balls are set up in very precise places and the constant practice creates the consistancy needed to do those shots....I am less impressed with the shots that use a pool que to direct a ball to a specific target. Even so, that is a skill that most people cannot master, even after months or years of practice master. Some people just do not have the eye and the touch necessary to do those shots.

ESPN occassionally shows a "Trick-Shot" competition, and the competitors must execute the Trick-Shots from a special book that describes each shot in detail...They all get to study and practice the same shots, but it's amazing how hard those shots are to perfect, and these are performed by many pool masters, not just trick-shot artist.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm impressed! Who cares if it was all set up? The guy has really good ball control skills. Ya gotta give him credit for that. The girl was all fluff, as the hours spent perfecting those shots, had nothing to do with her. Good job!! Bob

I have to give anyone credit. That will spend the hours of practice, as a trick shooter or straight pool player.

I am with a guy that can clear a table, any table, in regular play.

Thomas, I agree. but I give credit any of these players. I bet 99% of us on this board would never practice that much.

Eddie, I'd like to think that 99% of the people on this board are as as good at SOMETHING on a scale relative to this guys trick shot.

It is impressive, but I've come to find that most people underestimate their own special talents, and their own impressiveness that they have worked hard for.

We are all GREAT at something...

Still, it is fun to watch those that are excellent at things we are not.

TJR

I'm less impressed by a guy that has good command of pool ball english...than I am with a guy that can clear a table, any table, in regular play.

I can clear a table, any table. I just need a few beers, a heaping helping of bean-and-cauliflower salad, and a couple hours for it to percolate...

:grin:

I can just imagine the pool player interviewing the girl, trying to convince her to be part of the video...

"No, I want you on a pool table, in these positions--but for reasons pertaining to billiards, not for what you're thinking. Honest!"

:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts