Thanks for the help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy Curry

Reaction score
I have to thank you guys for keeping this website full of excellant information. Everytime I have a question about something on my truck you have the answer. I have an '01, Job 1, 4x4 that I bought off the lot with 19 miles on it 5 1/2 years ago. I have managed to put 112,000 miles on it with your advice and information helping me the whole way. I have really only had 3 "major" problems with my truck though. I don't consider the door handle paint a problem, they get used. And I am glad I don't have the 6CD player, sounds like it broke for everyone.

Just like most people I have had to change the ball joints and chose to replace them with the heavy duty version that include grease plugs, on advice from this site. Haven't heard a squeak since, "knock on wood" LOL. I also had the right front wheel bearing go bad about a month ago, but that was pretty easy to identify once it got in the shop.

The most recent fix was the CEL light. It was throwing a 171 and 174 code, O2 sensor according to the AutoZone man, but he told us to vacuum out the intake before we bought anything. Amazing is right, I couldn't believe the customer service, that was in the Princeton, WV store by the way. So, we came home and my husband vacuumed out the line while I looked up the codes on the site. The direct advice from one of you was to check the vacuum line elbow so I went outside and because of the pictures you provided was able to see the exact problem immediately. The new line is installed and the light reset by the same AutoZone man, who took the time to learn about this solution, which he will offer to someone else I am sure, and I am in good shape once again.

Thanks for all you do! :wub: Love my truck!

Latest posts