Temp control knob

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim P

Reaction score
It was 45 degrees on the way to work this am, and turned the temp control knob (cool to warm knob) up to 12 oclock for some heat, (I had the selector on Vent), but the air flow did not warm up, the temp guage was in the normal range, turned the temp knob up to full heat/high, no change in the temp of the air flow, turned the selector to vent/floor, and turned the temp knob back and forth, stayed cool, moved the selector back to vent only, and it finally got warm air flowing. The air temp would then adjust according to how I adjusted the temp control knob.

Is there a vaccuum line on the temp knob or is linkage that might be outta wack on me??

There is a vacuum line on the back of the selector switch ( the one that dictates vent, floor Etc.)

That switch or lines may be loose..

ALSO try it again. if you haven't used the heat in a while, THE heater control valve under the hood may have been stuck not allowing hot water to the heater core...

Another thing is you can look at the control valve under the hood, and turn the selector switch and see if it moves..

Todd Z

it was not the 1st time I had turned the temp control knob over to heat this season so to speak, and it had worked fine within the past 3 weeks or so, also noticed that there did not seem to be any tension/resistance on the temp control knob when I turned it, it would stay where I turned it, but just did not feel any resistance at all, shouldn't there be some (even just a little bit) resistance due to the cable/hose or whatever it is that makes the adjustment behind the dash, etc.??

guessit was just stuck for some reason, as this afternoon it seemed to work fine, I did pull the knob off, nothing appeared broken, and the temp control does seem to work normally now, just one of those things I guess.

Latest posts