Temp And Direction Indicator

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Santana

Reaction score
My temperture reader above the rear view mirror is way off. if there a way to recalibrate this thing? Where is the therma couple measuring. It is plain out wrong.

If you cycle through the mode button you may find that your outdoor thermometer is showing the Celsius scale instead of the more commonly used (in the USA) Farenheit scale? I don't have my Sport Trac anymore, but if I recall correctly, my 2003 Sport Trac had the option to display the temperature in Celsius or Farenheit.

My daughter had a similar problem with her Honda speedometer. Her battery went dead (left her lights on) and I put my battery charger/booster on it and got it started. Shortly thereafter she started getting some very odd digital speedometer readings. She went by the idiots at Honda since the car was under warranty and they said that I probably screwed up the electronic speedometer when I jump started the car and that would not be covered under the warranty????:angry:

I wanted to go back to Honda with my daughter and let them try to pull that on her while I was there! Anyway, she called me a few hours later and said that there is a Settings button to change the speedometer setting to read in Miles or Kilometers....Duh! It appears that when the battery went dead, the speedometer mode defaulted to Kilometers?

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the compass working corrrectly?

If so, it could be the ambient air temperature sensor.

I had a similar issue, and this was the fix. The sensor is located on the radiator support, just in front of the radiator. Ford used a couple different ones, one black and one brown. The wiring connectors were clocked differently and it took two trips to the parts store to get the right one as I didn't bring the original with me.

Save some time, pull the original and get a replacement. Less than $30 if I recall correctly...

No richard it is not the celcius farenheit thing, they both are way off,,,,it is more what Brian says. I will check the ambient air gauge in front of radiator bracket and see if that it it.

Joseymack

Joseymack

It could just be a dirty connection. Or a build up on the sensor. Try cleaning first.

Latest posts