Tapout/MMA guy killed in crash

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Chase

Reaction score
This guy had to be going a little faster than the 50mph speed limit. The vehicle was pretty much ripped right in half. A girl was ejected from the car and she survived, they don't know if she was the driver or the passenger, but the guy owned the car and he died. There is more info on the crash on MSN's website, they arrested a driver of a Porsche who it sounds like caused the crash.

That happened locally and got some coverage on the news last night. I sounded like they were racing and they said the Ferrari hit a curb to start the slide that ended up with a pole slicing the car in half. They reported it happened almost in front of a local cop who was sitting at an intersection when they went roaring past.

Edit. After reading the newspaper article this morning about the crash, it looks like the two cars hit each other before the Ferrari hit the curb and then the pole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad...another young life taken.

Was fun watching him on their show, he was always full of energy, such a positive and supportive Guy who always looked after his fighters best interest...

R.I.P....

He was racing a Porsche from the report I read. They've already arrested the other driver and are charging him with vehicular manslaughter. Sad Story. Not to mention seeing that 300,000 Ferrari all ate up.

Yea heard that already ^^^ I think thats a dumb law the porsche driver getting charged like that.....unless he hit mask and made him crash I dont think he should responsible, even if he provoked him to race, mask shouldn't have raced him.... he should just get speeding & driving reckless charges...but idk guess just at that moment most guys would race, especially if you had a ferrari

Brandon:

Vehicular homicide (also known as vehicular manslaughter) in most states in the United States, is a crime. In general, it involves death that results from the negligent operation of a vehicle, or that results from driving whilst committing an unlawful act that does not amount to a felony.

Seems to be the right charge to me!

It will be up to a jury to decide if the death resulted from actions of the Porsche driver. Cleary the Porsche driver was committing an unlawful act (racing) and that had they not been racing there likely would have been no accident.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the same theory the says that participation in a crime at any level warrants being penalized based on the greatest crime committed. that is why the guy watching out the door of the bank would be tried for murder if his partner in the bank robbery killed a teller during the robbery. Even if the look out guy didn't even have a weapon.

I'm jus saying I dont agree with how they charge people like that......my thing is if he hit the ferrari or did anything to make him crash then he should be responsible, but he aint driving the ferrari so he doesnt have any control on how that person can drive

I get young punks trying to act dumb all the time on the freeway trying to race me (idk why) but I don't give in and start racing them, he didnt have to race him, be a man and just ignore him, but whatever jus my opinion im pau:p

UUUMMM, street racing and an accident happens. Innocent people loose lives who really cares about the idiot who caused it???

Brandon said:
I'm jus saying I dont agree with how they charge people like that......my thing is if he hit the ferrari or did anything to make him crash then he should be responsible, but he aint driving the ferrari so he doesnt have any control on how that person can drive.

Okay, Brandon let me try to understand your point.

So if someone does something illegal, like street racing, and during that event someone gets killed, but not due to a direct cause (as you say a bump or a hit to cause the other to have an accident) then you don't think that first party should be liable for manslaughter?

Is that what you are saying?

What about another example:

Example: Let's say a guy goes in to rob a liquor store. He threatens the liquor store owner and demands money. The liquour store owner due to stress dies of a massive heart attack on the spot.

To me, that's a very similar example and for that example I would want to have the book thrown at the robber. Charge him with manslaughter.

If you agree with that, then it is the same thing.

Though the intent in racing wasn't to kill anyone, you can't dispute the fact that an illegal activity was performed and if not for the illegal activity the person killed would most likely still be alive.

TJR

Example: Let's say a guy goes in to rob a liquor store. He threatens the liquor store owner and demands money. The liquour store owner due to stress dies of a massive heart attack on the spot.

Sorry TJR. Your not even close with that analogy. A better one would be: two guys illegally trespass into a zoo's lion cage, both on their own free will. One of them gets eaten. Should the other get charged with feline manslaughter?

The guy at work that's big into MMA was just reading post on a MMA forum and they actually got the Porsche Driver on Murder charges now cause he intentionally sideswiped the Ferrari.

(2nd degree murder also due to the alchol on him too)