take power line for a gps, using a project from Pat Freeman

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eduardo 07v8XLT

Reaction score
did you know if its possible to use the Pat Freeman project to conect a GPSnuvi 200?

i thinks yes, but a can ear an export voices

i use the power point socket ?

or cut the wires to attach direct the wires, like show Pat in his project?

any help i will appreciate

One thing though. I noticed when I was putting in my Sirius radio, it said right in the book that it couldn't be hardwired due to the power adaptor (part that plugs into the cigarette lighter) converted the power to what the unit needed.(never heard that before :wacko:) May want to check the owner's manual on the GPS to make sure it's drawing 12v.;)

for the reason that stonemiser mentioned, that is why I always just hardwire a separate cigarette lighter and hide it to power my devices. That way you don't run into voltage issues as a lot of the plugs do have transformers in them.

stonemiser and JDBoxes are correct. That is the issue with the Nuvi 200. It uses about 5v through a mini usb plug. I connected mine like JDBoxes suggested with a lighter plug in the overhead console tapped into the dome light circuit.

ok, i wiil put a new power point, and new wires and connect like Pat´s project,

and hide the power point and power adaptor in the overhead console.

thank you

Latest posts